Using one external flash from two different cameras

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
afternoon

this is just a theory i have which i presume works, just wondering if anyone could give me a yes or no answer really

setup would be a Nion SB-800 and two D200 Bodies

atm using the flash on one body i set it to remote, pickup the channel and put that into the camera. all fine and dandy

but i wil have a second body and was thinking the other day. if i set a second body with the same settings wil this work?

so what i could in theory do would be to use a cam on say a tripod. with flash, and then use say one handhald and the flash would still trigger when i take a pic

can this be done? if my thoery is right it "should" but i cant try until next week lol

both camera's wouldnt be used at the same time just to note, just have different lenses for different areas if that makes sense

thanks

I can not see why this would not work as long as the second camera was on the same group and channel and was in view if the sensor of the flash.

Never tried it myself though...

Nigel

I can't see why that wouldn't work, in fact the reason for having the option of changing frequencies is actually to avoid this very situation (ie another tog setting off your flash) so it should work in reverse!

its not the reason for a second body.

mainly with going to motorsports the plan would be to use say my 100-300 on one body and either a 70-200 or 24-60 on the second as a walk about, saves changing lenses and so on all the time, lazy i know but thats what i am after

and with having the flash anyway i was kind of curious to see if it would work

Back