Using out of date c-41 chemicals

Should I bother?

• No it won't work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No you should never use out of date stuff.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edit My Images
No
Any done it?
Did it work if so how did it turn out?
I have a box of Tetenal C-41 thats 8 years out of date and just wondered what people think the results will be like?
Going top test it with roll of the highly regarded Poundland film anyway, so will keep you posted.

Any done it?
Did it work if so how did it turn out?
I have a box of Tetenal C-41 thats 8 years out of date and just wondered what people think the results will be like?
Going top test it with roll of the highly regarded Poundland film anyway, so will keep you posted.

Interesting to know the answer if the contents are sealed.

All sealed the bleach fixer stuff has some sediment in the bottom but once shaken this dissolves

All sealed the bleach fixer stuff has some sediment in the bottom but once shaken this dissolves

Sounds like it's Poundland Agfa time as you won't have much to lose.(y) (I would have answered that it's worth trying with ood film if that had been a choice in the poll)

Last edited:
I would do what @Peter B suggests. Get some old film and have at it. I'd even try to find some out of date film for a laugh. You never know, you might become the inventor of a new developing effect.

We do have some out of date film so going to give it a go at the weekend, we will try the innate pound shop stuff first

My c41 chems have been out of date for a few years now, but it's yielding fair results, considering my agitation isn't exactly up to spec

Back