UV Filter & kits for 450d?

K

Koba

Hi

I just bought a canon 450d (still on its way in the post) and want to know peoples recommendations for additional kits. Specifically i am interested in a good quality filter/uv filter to start with.

For UV filter what size shoudl i get for this cam and what is recommended as good quality?

thanks

Do you intend on doing much photography outside?
Shots such as landscapes or shots that may have water in them?
If so I would suggest Hoya pro1 circular polarizing filters over UV filters.
If you decide on purchasing UV filters, again, the Hoya Pro1 series are very good.
One tip for you though, don't bother with the silly UK prices online.
Look on ebay, you'll find UK and HK dealers who sell them a lot cheaper :)
I've just started using them with my 450D and lenses and it makes a big improvement with regard to reflections and blown skies.

I also decided on these on the advice of a few experienced DSL user I know.

cheers for teh advice

I noticed Ebay is a lot cheaper but i need them quickly so may get from online today.

cheers for teh advice

I noticed Ebay is a lot cheaper but i need them quickly so may get from online today.

I've had next day delivery on the two I ordered on ebay (I paid both via paypal).
Two different sellers as well.
I meant to say that both were UK sellers.

yup, kit lens is 58mm

if it is the kit lens its 58mm. remember different lenses have different thread sizes.
it might be worth getting a good feel for the camera and its limitations before buying into too much stuff.

Koba, I've sent you a PM with regard to cheapest UK seller on ebay I could find and have used.

if it is the kit lens its 58mm. remember different lenses have different thread sizes.
it might be worth getting a good feel for the camera and its limitations before buying into too much stuff.

I agree with you.
I waited until I had bought a couple of lenses before buying hoods and filters.
I found the focus length of the kit lens was too short and I also wanted something with a bit more range as a general walk about lens.

Back