weekly v16ben's 2012 52 in Korea - *Week 7 and 8 added*

Edit My Images
No
:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

That is all I can say to summarise my photo projects of the last 2 years.

I did a 365 in 2010 and decided to do another consecutively in 2011, but after 730 days of photos, I decided to take a break for 2012.

Of course the insatiable desire to take photos hasn't gone away, so I've foolishly decided to do a 52 week project this year. Should be easy after 2 x 365s right :LOL:

I live in South Korea and will be travelling around a fair bit during the year so hopefully I can add some interesting photos.

My 365 projects from the last 2 years are below:

2010: http://www.flickr.com/photos/v15ben/sets/72157623122684132/
2011: http://www.flickr.com/photos/v15ben/sets/72157625371292113/

The 2012/52 project set is here on Flickr, but I'll add all the shots to this thread in due course.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/v15ben/sets/72157628674236051/

Now to find my camera again... :bonk:

Last edited:
Ben, if your year to come is anything like the photos you've taken for the last 2....i'm sure you'll be taking some excellant photos (y)

Hello fellow PHer! I've noticed that you've got one more number here than over on PH though :)

Good luck on this, I'm trying it as well... I'm going to see how long I last with a new small person at home it will be a challenge!

Thanks very much guys. I hope I can focus on getting a really good shot each week rather than some fairly average ones like you sometimes have in a 365.

Good luck on your challenge, Mark! I gained an extra number by setting up a v15ben account and having problems with it so just decided to think of something totally different for my new username... sort of ;)

OK, so here is the first photo of yet another project!

I was waiting for my girlfriend so grabbed some shots by the river. It was freezing cold and blowing a gale though so I only managed a few shots before I couldn't feel my fingers any more!

Taehwa River by v15ben, on Flickr

Ahh, I feel this thread is going to bring back some happy memories for me!! Maybe I'll get around to posting some of my own Korea stuff eventually LOL!

Lovely Ben. I keep wondering if I would have cropped it slightly more panoramic, but to be honest, I don't think I would have - the vertical balance is good. What aspect ratio is it or did you do it by eye? 640/329 pix is about 2:1?

I like the river being off centre left to right too - the weight of the buildings on each side is appropriate and somehow reflects the mountain shapes.

Now go print it large :)

Ahh, I feel this thread is going to bring back some happy memories for me!! Maybe I'll get around to posting some of my own Korea stuff eventually LOL!

You certainly should, Steve. You must have taken some great shots in Seoul. I remember you giving me advice before I moved here in fact!

Lovely Ben. I keep wondering if I would have cropped it slightly more panoramic, but to be honest, I don't think I would have - the vertical balance is good. What aspect ratio is it or did you do it by eye? 640/329 pix is about 2:1?

I like the river being off centre left to right too - the weight of the buildings on each side is appropriate and somehow reflects the mountain shapes.

Now go print it large :)

I thought about that, but to be honest I cropped by eye based on the other slight distractions on the left side of the shot. No idea on the aspect ratio to be honest :)

That's wonderful Ben, can a big congratulations on completing two 365's :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope we're going to see a little more of Toki in this challenge (y)

Matt

Thanks Matt. Hope you can do the same with the 2 x 365s!
I will try and have Toki stay still long enough to get some shots of him!

Lovely lovely shot. I bet after a couple of 365's you'll struggle with the lack of pace of a 52:LOL:

Well I do keep trying different shots and will choose my favourite each week. Seems strange not taking something every day even after a week a half of 2012!

Lovely skyline image for week 1, really liking the reflections

Not so keen on the week 2 I'm afraid... the foreground is a bit too dark, given the title, and it seems to lack interest for me... sorry.

Hi Ben,

I do like images like this, the colour and reflections in no 1 are just beautiful.
Well done.

Carol

Now that's what you call a bonfire (y) cannot beat a good burn up (y) what part of the states were you in?? I intend on visiting the states as there is a great photographer out there that I'm always chatting to that I plan on meeting up with so he can show me how to take photos like him :D all very nice since my last visit...

Sorry I've not called in I've now subscribed (y)

Matt

Certainly was a good bonfire!

We were in the beautiful Pacific North West. Based in Longview, WA but we visited Seattle, Bellingham, the coast and Mount St Helens amongst others.

No worries on the not visiting, to be honest I thought people had stopped looking at the thread completely :)

:puke: now that's more than just a bit random :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: as to a recession, it's only hitting you if you don't have much anyway :LOL: for the people that own them there boats it might just mean they don't buy a new Bentley this years :crying:

Matt

Haha very true. The Russian millionaires that own those boats probably don't notice the recession :)

Back