Vale of Pewsey

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Headed out to Knap Hill, the Vale of Pewsey tonight scouting out the area for a sunrise. Thought it would be rude not to turn around and grab a couple of photos. I waited for the light to strike the clump of trees before pressing the shutter.

Edited to remove mark in sky.

Last edited:
beautiful shot

I was on the plains at the weekend, weather was more "challenging"

What fantastic light you have captured, who needs those Tuscany images when you have this.

Thanks Steve! Ah yes the weekends weather wasn't the best it's been of late!
Are you in the forces? Or just live over that way?

hi Jake

we lead 4x4 trips over and around the plains ... nice to get away from civilisation for a while :cool:

(I work in big data)

Steve

Nice image. I was up there recently and really struggled to find a composition that I was happy with.

Give me a shout if you heading that way again :)

Cheers Ben! I will do mate, normally I don't plan ahead for these sort of trips, so may be worth PMing me your number and I can drop you a text if I'm heading out.

Really like the colours and the simplicity (y) but what's up the big, darker circle top centre?

Really like the colours and the simplicity (y) but what's up the big, darker circle top centre?

Thank you very much.
That will be an ancient burial ground. This area of Wiltshire, with the Ridgeway and White Chalk Horses, is full of them. Lots of random hills with a small copse of trees at the top.

Sorry :) I meant what's up WITH the big, darker circle top centre of the frame? Did you have to clone something out?

A beautiful scene very nicely presented Jake.

Back