Valley of Fire

Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Amazing place 50miles to the west of Vegas. Went for a play on the bikes and stopped to climb in to the rocks for these. C&C most welcome. Full size slideshow here http://www.flickr.com/photos/21712624@N08/sets/72157603476619668/show/

2247407369_fc21d4bd8e.jpg

2247408269_f4829a74d3.jpg

2248203596_337b06b76d.jpg

2247410601_4fa421d124.jpg

2247412159_fd8d17cf72.jpg

2247413033_52bbb5566a.jpg

2247409799_42eee608cb.jpg

2247411319_793b13a3db.jpg

nice - can almost feel the heat. Reminds me of a cross between Joshua Tree and the Mojave. (y)

cheers guys. Believe it or not, it was quite cold there yesterday! Wouldn't like to get stuck there in the middle of July though!!!

I really like number 2, but can't decide whether I prefer it in Mono. Help please!

2248249103_8aa58b2cdc.jpg

Wow, what a place! Bet those rocks would look really great around sunset.

Nice set there, really like number 3. With this photo, the foreground needs a little more contrast. Would the grooves (for want of a better word) show some shadow at a different time of day, this I think would help the photo.

Wow, what a place! Bet those rocks would look really great around sunset.

Nice set there, really like number 3. With this photo, the foreground needs a little more contrast. Would the grooves (for want of a better word) show some shadow at a different time of day, this I think would help the photo.

I think there'd be some stunning shots heading towards sunset. It'll have to be a car trip and a few recces as the area is so vast and it's very easy to lose an hour of light in an area because of the mountains. I'll certainly be working on it though!! (y)

I think there'd be some stunning shots heading towards sunset. It'll have to be a car trip and a few recces as the area is so vast and it's very easy to lose an hour of light in an area because of the mountains. I'll certainly be working on it though!! (y)

I think it could be well worth the effort. I can understand what you mean by loosing the light, but still worth a try.

Lovely as usual. :)

I have a chance to go to the Death Valley/LV area at the end of this year, and looking at your shots it's making me more certain of going.

Lovely as usual. :)

I have a chance to go to the Death Valley/LV area at the end of this year, and looking at your shots it's making me more certain of going.

Cheers. You should definitely do it if you get the chance! The area all round the city is full of possibilities with the camera. I'm sure I could show you some decent spots as long as I'm not on shift when you're here!

Thanks for the offer. :)

It's a university trip so there probably won't be much time off for wonderings on my own though unfortunately. We will however be spending all day every day in the desert so hopefully I'll be able to steal a few minutes to take some photos when the lecturers aren't looking! :LOL:

:clap: Great set, looks an amazing place.

:thinking: I could do with a holiday :D

thanks. I'll put together a list of the best places to go with a camera for anyone visiting out here! This is number one so far

Back