Valley of tears

Name
Daníel Örn Smárason
Edit My Images
Yes
This place is so much more impressive in person!
Too bad that I lost my tripod there, right as I took the camera off the tripod there came a gust of wind and it fell into the canyon. I am lucky that the camera didnt go with it!
It is strictly forbidden to go down in the valley since it is an emergency dam and could open at any time and would flood the entire valley

Well, now I atleast got an excuse to buy another tripod!

Valley of tears
by Danniorn, on Flickr

Long rope and magnet...
If I'd see it when it landed then i would possibly try that, but i think there is a very slim chance that i would be able to fish it out when i cant even see it!:confused:
Also not sure if the magnet would well work since most of the tripod is from Carbon fiber, But I will be going back there this week so i might bring a magnet and a rope just in case :ROFLMAO:

If I'd see it when it landed then i would possibly try that, but i think there is a very slim chance that i would be able to fish it out when i cant even see it!:confused:
Also not sure if the magnet would well work since most of the tripod is from Carbon fiber, But I will be going back there this week so i might bring a magnet and a rope just in case :ROFLMAO:

Grappling hook or maybe a done drone with lifting capability. I guess it was opened at the time otherwise you have tithe chance :(

Edit “drone”.

Last edited:
Top picture is lovely, would love to visit.

It is nice that you tried to recover it - better than leaving (albeit accidentally) junk where it didn’t want to be.

Back