Valuation: Canon 350D + 17-85mm USM + 50MM 1.8 MK2

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
So i'm just about to take the plunge and sell my Canon gear to move to Nikon. However, i can't figure out what sort of price to be advertising stuff for. Can anyone help?

Canon 350D
  • Bought in June 2005 from Warehouse Express
  • Fully boxed, with all leads, discs, strap, charger and battery etc
  • Excellent condition, just the normal slight scratches on the grip where your fingernails sit, as Canon make it out of hard plastic :wacky:
  • I think it has done about 3-4000 shutter actuations at very most, but can't find an easy way to find this out

Canon 17-85mm IS USM
  • Fully boxed
  • Bought from CT on this 'ere forum last june
  • In excellent condition again, and a very sharp copy as i'm sure CT will attest to

Canon 50mm f1.8 MKII
  • Fully boxed, bought brand new from Warehouse Express (i think) about 1 year ago
  • Again, excellent condition. I take very good care of my stuff, so it has been well looked after

I then have some ancilliary bits, like a 1GB and 2GB Kingston Elite Pro Compact Flash card, and an Adidt remote shutter control.

Any ideas what it is worth (as a whole or splitting)?

Cheers,
Matt

Hey....I'm in the process of selling my 350D (off forum) and i reckon its worth anywhere from £210-£250 with kit lens.....so I'd say your looking at about 190-220 for the body....

no ideas on the others but considering you can get a nifty for £60ish then i dunno £40-45?!?

of course the easiest way to check what people will pay for used goods is ebay....

hope this helps a little..

*edit*
just read the bit about selling it as a whole.....i dunno? err....£500??

on checking ebay for used 17-85 your looking at £215-230...

I'd agree with around £190 for the body, £45 for the 50 and around £190 for the 17-85.

Hi,
I was hoping the 350D would be in the region of £200 to £220, so that is good news. It really is great condition too, so should hopefully get the top of that.

I would much rather sell stuff on forums that delve onto eBay. I know what it's like trying to buy a camera off there with all the grey imports clogging it up.

Matt

Totally agree with the ebay comments....but its a great source of pricing info....

Back