Value of my 400D?

Edit My Images
Yes
Guys

Going to be selling my 400D, my brother-in-law has expressed interest, as I want to upgrade to the 40D, either that or I will stick it on ebay.

It would be 400D body, with canon battery grip, 2 genuine canon batteries and 2 silvertek batteries. Boxed with manuals etc.

Bought in late november, with about 7000 shots taken.

I was thinking of around £350ish? or is that a bit much? Would be happy to get about 300, would help pay towards the 40D.

The second market seems to have gone a bit strange, and very hard to judge whats a fair value, have seen 350D going for near the price of a new 400 which is nuts to be honest.

I bow in your wisdom... ;)

Thanks

You can now buy a new 400d (with kit lens) for £350 + £45 cash back, so £300 may still be too much. I'm really annoyed as I bought mine for £400 last month before the price drops and cash back!

I think you may be right, after looking around a bit further, with current cash back deals and the impending 450D, I think this lot would be closer to £275ish

If your brother in law doesn't take it I'd consider getting a second hand kit lens as cheap as possible (£30 ish) to go with at the very least it should sell quicker as a 400D is not much of an upgrade for someone unless they've been a cave for the last few years and are only now making the move from film (even still they're likely to need a wide angle offered by a kit lens).

To get the most from this sale I'd consider splitting the grip from the body and selling seperately as that should bring the total value of what you have up. Especially if the 450D uses the same grip (not a canon man so don't know). Perhaps also looking at splitting 3 of the batteries out and selling them seperately too will also increase the value

That way you should get £250 for the camera, lens, 1 battery, manuals etc, £15 - £25 for the 3 remaining batteries (all together not each) and another £50 - £75 for the grip.

I reckon you could get £300 for it.

I sold mine with a 3rd party YXTM grip and spare battery for over £300 about 4 months ago. Mine was older aswel (almost a year old) with more shutter actuations...over 10,000.

The 450D haden't been announced when I sold mine but you might be able to just scrape £300.

I like Simons idea, going to try to see if I can at least pick up an 18-55 kit lens, saw mpb has one for £29, the initial outlay might make it more appealing as a package.

Back