Various 17-55ish "Wide Open" test shots

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
I agree the Tamron is an awesome lens given its so much cheaper than the Nikon

80% of my images (that I sell) are taken with this lens. The other 20% are taken with the Tamron 70-200mm. Both great. The 200 took some getting used to though. Have to learn to be a bit more steady-handed. :D

its a fantasic lens for the money

i will take some shots of the Nikon wide open later and a Tokina 16-50 aswell for comparisons

all great lenses

i have this lens, im so glad i bought its only jsut become apparent how popular it is.

and its nice to have a lens that everyone else digs

one this is with mine, the end of the lens, where you screw the filter onto, has a little bit of "slackness" for want of a better word, anyone else have this.

it might be from mine being dropped, but to be fair the rest of the lens is perfect, so its pretty well built also it appears.

bit hard to tell... the Tokina looks the worse.. but the image is also smaller - so its either a bit "short" for 50mm or you were a little bit behind.

The Tamron shouldn't have any blue fringing... don't like the look of that. Was that the one that got repaired?

The Nikkor looks longer than all of the other lenses, assuming you did this in a controlled manner...?

Back