Critique Various flowers

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
As i have had a few good days out of late with my cameras, i have been happily taking photos of some flowers so i thought i would share some of them with you. Taken on either my 400D, 600D or my friends sony any comments or crit on any image would be wonderful.

Daffodil

Daffodil (2)
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

Purton 400D (36)

Purton 400D (18)

4 Daffodil

daffodil

5 primrose

Primrose

6 orchid

Orchid

Loving them Mandy

All I can find out are Daffs, a few Snow drops that have died off now or cut flowers

Bring on the spring

H

I am new to this, so my opinion doesn't count for a whole lot.

I really like the separation on no.3 & no.6.

For me, no.1, 2 & 4 are under exposed.

Composition looks good to me. :agree: With above in regards to under exposed. Really like #5 good capture of the due/rain drops.

When producing a set of images, it's important to be consistent. The processing on these is not. Some are quite dark and low in contrast, whereas others are very bright, vivid, saturated and contrasty. Shots 1, 2 and 4 are very flat, dark and low contrast, low saturation, and 3, 5 and 6 are the direct opposite: Bright, vivid, saturated and contrasty.

I'd strive for consistency.

When producing a set of images, it's important to be consistent. The processing on these is not. Some are quite dark and low in contrast, whereas others are very bright, vivid, saturated and contrasty. Shots 1, 2 and 4 are very flat, dark and low contrast, low saturation, and 3, 5 and 6 are the direct opposite: Bright, vivid, saturated and contrasty.

I'd strive for consistency.

They have all had with the exception of 6 clarity, exsposure , contrast, vibrancy and saturation adjustments along with noise reduction in pp. Six was taken on a sony a77 and it's pretty much a straight out of the camera shot.

Back