Various 'in-flight' images from today

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Spent a cracking day at the Newent Bird of Prey Centre today and got a couple of shots of various birds 'in-flight' that I'm fairly happy with.

Sadly they didn't bring some of the larger and slower owls out, so getting some sharp shots wasn't so easy! :shake:

However, here are some of the ones I've processed so far.

Barn Owl in flight

owl-in-flight-800.jpg

Indian Tawny Eagle

eagle-in-flight-800.jpg

I'll post some more when I get chance to process them, and if they are any good! :thinking:

Feedback welcomed as always. :)

Paul C

Last edited:
Nowt wrong with those :clap::clap: Well maybe you could have cloned out the distracting dandelions in the first shot ;)
Well done! cant wait to see the rest.

Here we go, I've cloned out the yellow from the background.

I agree, it does remove the distraction from the main subject.

Cheers for the feedback guys, much appreciated. :)

owl-in-flight-2-800.jpg

Last edited:
Two very fine shots (y)

A little bit tight in the frame for me as I like space for them to fly into but thats just personal taste.

Look forward to seeing more :)

A little bit tight in the frame for me as I like space for them to fly into but thats just personal taste.

I agree, but getting any photos of the buggers was hard enough.. lol

Thanks for the comments. (y)

Lovely Barn Owl shot (y)

Both (or all 3) images are oversized though :rules: :nono:

Cracking Barn Owl :clap::clap:

Wow! Just beautiful & amazing! I'll have to see if there's a similar centre near me. What length of lens did you use, please?

Lovely Barn Owl shot (y)

Both (or all 3) images are oversized though :rules: :nono:

All sorted! (y)

Wow! Just beautiful & amazing! I'll have to see if there's a similar centre near me. What length of lens did you use, please?

I used a Nikon 70-300 VR. (y)

Thanks for all the positive comments, they are MUCH appreciated.

Paul C

Cheers Andy,

I've had the chance to process a few more images from the day which are below.

Feel free to comment on these additional images. (y)

DSC3106.jpg

DSC3243.jpg

DSC3330.jpg

Really like all of these , but love the first (better for the edit) . :clap::clap:

Once again, thanks for the feedback guys..

Hopefully I'll be getting my hands on a Sigma 150-500 in the near future, so I'm hoping for better shots again. :)

Well, that's the theory anyway.. :)

Some nice shot's . Nailed the barn owl (y) Great place , went a couple of times last year :)

Some nice shot's . Nailed the barn owl (y) Great place , went a couple of times last year :)

Cheers! (y)

It is a fantastic place to spend the day and highly recommended to anyone who hasn't visited.

Back