Vauxhall Astra Mk4

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out for a quick drive tonight and took this just too pass some time.

So hit me with your best shot :) Critique as you wish please :)

823400_637074046315293_1939391280_o.jpg

Camera Info: Canon 5D MkIII - Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L

Exposure Info: 1 Sec F/8.0 Iso 800 28mm

Stobist Information: Canon 600Ex-RT Camera Right Full Power
Canon 600EX-RT Sat in centre console with Omni-Bounce fitted, Full Power, Both triggered by ST-E3-RT on camera
Yongnuo YN560-II Camera Left Full power set to Optical slave S1

Get a polariser. Also, im not sure on the use of flash, just on that front arch and rear window, there are light "spots". Need the light to be softer me thinks. Nice location though (y) top of a car park next to BP tower? You're pretty up high there!

Neat idea Danny
I would be tempted to crop to a square format to get rid of the dead space on the right
Or, had it been possible at the time of shooting, left more space between the car and the tower

Mike

I was considering a square crop, but im not a big fan, prefer the standard 3x2 format. Will try a different crop on it later and see what i think.

I was actually trying to avoid some clutter in the background as best as possible and consequently it ruined the compositon. Engage the part of the brain that says get a nice background and switched off the composition part of the brain :bang::LOL:

Get a polariser. Also, im not sure on the use of flash, just on that front arch and rear window, there are light "spots". Need the light to be softer me thinks. Nice location though (y) top of a car park next to BP tower? You're pretty up high there!

Yeah i need to invest in a polarizer for the 24-70, i have one that will fit my 50mm prime as i have it from my kit lens days but havn't got one yet for the bigger lenses. I wasnt a big fan of the hot spots myself, not alot i could do though as i only have shoot through umbrella's at the moment and it was fairly windy up there and one flash stand was stood next to a rather clean looking Audi TT who i'm sure wouldnt of appreciated a scratch down the side! :LOL:
Yes it's top of BHS carpark, the towers about quarter of a mile away at that point with no buildings high enough to be in the way (y)

I quite like this. The reflections distract as does the sticker on the window. For me though, the major issue here is distortion. It's suffering badly from it.

Back