Velbon luxi what?

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
:bonk: right I am going mental, need some help. I need a lightweight small travel tripod and a differenr head fo rmy Manfrotto, so I have a plan, but Velbon are doing their best to confuse me :wacky:

Luxi M, Luxi L, ultra, etc etc - which is the best? If any? Has to be able to take my D300 and a short lens and have a folded length of 40cm or less. Yes, I don't expect it to have the absolute stability of the 055prob but I need something I can actually carry, and doesn't cost the earth like CF ones. The plan is to sell the 322 head to pay for most of it, then after xmas will get a sidekick for the big tripod.

any advice from current users would be appreciated please :)

Well there are a few of them!

My usual travel tripod is the Velbon Ultra Luxi F. I like this one as it has a quick release removable plate.

I've had another version which I sold the other day (Luxi SF, its in the Classifed anyhow!), that had a ballhead and was very good too, but its not QR. Never left the house with that one. Its a bit smaller again, very compact and bijou.

Can't go wrong with any of them, I use them on long hikes, and they double as walking poles too!

modo maxi?? lol £25 with free bag?:D i have one for sale.

Well there are a few of them!

My usual travel tripod is the Velbon Ultra Luxi F. I like this one as it has a quick release removable plate.

I've had another version which I sold the other day (Luxi SF, its in the Classifed anyhow!), that had a ballhead and was very good too, but its not QR. Never left the house with that one. Its a bit smaller again, very compact and bijou.

Can't go wrong with any of them, I use them on long hikes, and they double as walking poles too!

Thats the problem, the Luxi F was the one I originally wanted, the one with the QR, but that is no longer listed on velbons site and finding them is like looking for hens teeth. I seem to recall a thread here saying that they had now been superceded, but can't find the thread, so just want of know which of the current Luxi range is most appropriate for my needs. See they all look good in the pics but....:bonk:

Back