Velbon Sherpa 200R tripod

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

This is my first thread so hope I'm doing this right!

I'm looking at getting a Velbon Sherpa 200R tripod for my Nikon D50. I currently use the kit 18-55mm lens but hope to get a 70-300mm lens in the January sales!

Does anyone have this tripod, and do you think it's an appropriate one for a beginner? It's just fifty quid on amazon including P&P so seems quite a bargain.

Would greatly appreciate any comments

thanks!

Helen
:)

It can carry up to 4kg which is ok as long as you don't have any really big lenses and £50 seems a good price.

thanks for that Steep. In the end, I upgraded and ordered the Velbon Sherpa 650 for 57 pounds inclusive from amazon. A good price, so I hope the tripod will last me a while :0)

Helen :)

looked at one of these in my local camera shop today - very impressive for the money, as sturdy as the Manfrotto 190DB, and a damn site lighter. very impressed for the money.

I have a Sherpa Carbon 'pod, and it's a truly exceptional piece of equipment. Build quality is equal or better than Manfrotto, and I'd honestly say it's about as good as Gitzo.

If your build matches this, it'll be a cracker.

The Sherpa is a very good tripod indeed!!

I have a Velbon Sherpa 750R and it's been very nice so far. I use it with my D50 and either my 18-55 Nikkor or Sigma 70-300 mm APO DG macro. It's sturdy enough to leave it all alone, but winds make me worry a bit, so I tend to stay close by.

Back