Venetian Masks... an old one

InaGlo

TPer Emerita
Name
Glo
Edit My Images
Yes
Just digging through some old shots & came across this one from 2007.
I cant think why Ive never bothered with it.
Its straight out of camera apart from a slight crop on the right.
I think the fact that its so contasty has worked quite well against the fluffy soft white feathers... though looking at it again, I might play with the whites!

Any other suggestions?

2404554317_22517b128e_o.jpg

I love that image Glo ... (y) ... apart from the unfortunate shadow across their legs ... :cautious:

You are so right about the depth of contrast ... ;) ... its amazing ... :D

How did you get on with your worms by the way ... :eek:

:p

Yeah I agree about the shadow, might be worth trying a crop.

Tbh, regarding the Waxworms, I had no luck at all Ven.
Keeping in mind that I bought them before I went to venice at the end of Jan & they say on the box they last around 3 weeks....

Well theres a fair few deaded of course, but some are still wriggly & juicy :puke:
And now suddenly the Robbins (& Blackbird) are interested.
One Robin in particular comes very, very close to me ... inches away in fact... time to get the macro lens out & order some more! :D

Tbh, regarding the Waxworms, I had no luck at all Ven.
Keeping in mind that I bought them before I went to venice at the end of Jan & they say on the box they last around 3 weeks....

Well theres a fair few deaded of course, but some are still wriggly & juicy :puke:
And now suddenly the Robbins (& Blackbird) are interested.
One Robin in particular comes very, very close to me ... inches away in fact... time to get the macro lens out & order some more! :D

Not wishing to hijack the thread away from this Glorious image ... :D ... but now is exactly the right time to get the hand feeding off to a kick start as they are all feeding chicks about now ... (y)

If yours is just inches away I am sure if you persevere over the next few days you will have it sorted ... (y)

:p

He! he! no probs Ven I was so chuffed with my little Robin, I could talk about it all day. :D
I did get one pic, tisnt great but I might post it up anyway.
I think this one was feeding chicks because it gathered up all the worms in its beak & flew off with them, it did it a couple of times.
Whereas the one that came down yesterday just sat & ate them!

Unlike the majority of your images of this type, this one doesn't work for me-too many distracting shadows, the lights all over the place, and the BG is a tad busy.

It's not that it's bad, just not up to your usual (high) standard.

Back