Venice long weekend..

No dodgy market traders selling them just millions of bloody selfie sticks! Found a store, but their tripod was €60... Which I can't justify singing to make the most of it given the ones I've got at home., so taking the 700D out tonight and might take an old jumper to use as a been bag. Oh well, I shall SE ewhat can be done!!

Shame I've only just seen this thread-went in Nov and would have definitely recommended a tripod. I nipped out most evenings with the camera and tripod and there's some stunning shots to be had when the lights come on.

Try Accademia bridge-you may be able to balance the camera on the railing, although I'd recommend keeping a hand on it!

Tripod place found 4 minutes from my hotel! So, I went for a cheap and cheerful 9 € one as I'm intending to just use my X1! And if I'm missing the 700D, the nice dealer said he'd let me take it back and upgrade it to a man froth dslr portable thing at €40. So we shall see what tonight with the Leica brings. Pics up in the morning! Excited to say the least!!

Don't forget exposure compensation. Some of the lit buildings are very bright and easily overexposed. Looks fun so far

Back