Venice

Name
Jan
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got back from a wonderful weekend in Venice and this is the first time I've been on holiday and tried to take something other than "holiday snaps"! Hope I've suceeded. I'm sure you'll let me know.

P1010430.jpg

_MG_8217.jpg

_MG_8086.jpg

P1010437.jpg

_MG_8260.jpg

I know they're not mind blowing, but any guidance of what would improve them would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Jan

Last edited:
Hi Jank,

An enjoyable set. The only advice I can give you, is to get out very early (just before Sunrise, and for a few hours after), and also, for the final hours before sunrise, and until the light dies aftwerwords. It would make a world of difference to the light, shadows and tones.

Gary.

Nice shots - hope you had a good time.

I like no 1 and no 4

Would have been cool to have a shot along the row of gondolas side on with the reflections on the metal.

i like all of these. and watch for litter in your shots #1 is marred by the red dish looking thing but still a nice pic. you were lucky to get the shots as i know how busy it is well done you

oh and i love venice.

Cool shots - one tip I'd offer is to try to keep the camera parallel with the ground when taking shots of architecture - that way you'll avoid converging verticals, like you've got in #1 . . .
You can use the crop tool on Photoshop to correct them, but you end up losing a portion of the edges of your photos in doing it . . . .
The horizon is a little crooked in #4 also . . .

Deleted - double post, for some strange reason :thinking:

...its expensive isn't it? Nice photos though.

Chris

Oh yes! There were 7 of us, one round of drinks at a cafe bar (not on St Marks Square or overlooking the Grand Canal), 70 euro!!!

Thanks for all your comments I take on board all that you say. I didnt notice the little red pot in image one and hadnt even thought about keeping horizons level! Thats why you guys are so good at what you do and why people like me love the forum! Thanks again!.

Jan

Back