venturedirect.co.uk anyone used them?

Name
Mr Compatible Ink
Edit My Images
No
I know the items will be grey but they have a camera i'm interested in at the cheapest price, so has anyone ever used them?

Cheers

Never heard of them personally

There website has only been about for 3 years according to WHOIS checks

Ask yourself, can you afford to loose the money?

Thanks, no I can't afford to lose money but are you not covered if you pay by credit card?

There are reliable grey sites around, not as cheap for sure but there's probably a reason for that. You might get lucky but reading the reviews I wouldn't bet on it. Another question is what price do you put on aggravation and frustration?

The simple answer is only if the card payment goes directly to the company. If it goes through a third party like Sagepay (and most do) then you're not covered. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases#exceptions

Absolutely rubbish. Every single card payment in the world goes via a payment aquirer.
Sage pay, Worldpay, nochex, secure trading plus many many more are payment aquirers, and trust me you are covered. The only exception could be PayPal depending on how the payment was funded.

Example; PayPal have a system called Paypal pro where they act as a payment aquirer. You are covered and you would have been comp!etely unaware you were paying via the PayPal syste!However. if you pay via a normal PayPal account but chose to fund the payment with your credit card you may not be covered. I say may not because if it can be proved that the funding was purely to pay for a single purchase you may be covered.

If you order on my site, the payment is taken on my site, nobody knows who my payment aquirer is and it's irellevant.

Last edited:
Your opinion. Check the URL I quoted.

Not my opinion, I'm in the business. I've had chargebacks.

Heres a proper link with proper information.
https://www.sagepay.co.uk/support/16/36/chargebacks-and-you

but I would love for you to point out exactly where in the URL you provided it states that you are not covered if the company uses a payment acquirer like Sagepay, bearing in mind Sagepay are probably the biggest in the country.

If you believe what you are saying, you will NEVER be able to make a chargeback because EVERY company take payments via an acquirer.

Last edited:
Their terms and conditions of sale are non compliant with UK law in numerous ways. Their prices do not include VAT or import duty which means they are illegal imports. You probably have no recourse to the manufacturer's warranty. And their reviews on Trust pilot are truly appalling.

Personally I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

I've decided to give them a miss thanks for everyone's input

I bought a lens from them a couple of years back. Everything went through smoothly, lens arrived on time with no problems.

BUT....

The "UK" stock arrived with Chinese packaging and a incorrect customs valuation...

I assumed it was correctly imported and they'd put an old label on it ;)

Back