Verifying Adobe Photoshop 2022

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Why oh why does PS keep doing this on my iMac?

It has access to to all files etc, so it shouldn't need to "verify" every bloody day. It's not funny anymore.

I only get this after an update. I can only assume it makes sure the update has loaded correctly

I have been using Photoshop and Lightroom on my iMac for years with the Photography package and I have never had to verify anything.

Are you running the Creative Cloud .app in the background? That does all the verifying automatically.

Complain to apple and their creeping push of everything to apple store handled with apple surcharges. I really start to hate them
Your predjudice is blinding you, this is on a Mac, not iOS, so there no ’monopoly’ ;).

And it’s likely to be an Adobe thing in my experience.

Contact Adobe customer support, they should be able to sort it out, evenually.

I have been using Photoshop and Lightroom on my iMac for years with the Photography package and I have never had to verify anything.

Are you running the Creative Cloud .app in the background? That does all the verifying automatically.
Yes I am running the photo package. It doesn't seem to happen that often with LR, PS. My tried & trusted workflow means that I process in LR, then use PS for resizing, adding borders, and the odd bit of sharpening if needed. So it gets used on almost every image I put onto the web.

Your predjudice is blinding you, this is on a Mac, not iOS, so there no ’monopoly’ ;).

And it’s likely to be an Adobe thing in my experience.
Not yet, but they are evidently moving towards that direction

Same is happening on old mbp and not just Photoshop. Inkscape and fusion 360 are getting same treatment too. So very obviously an apple thing. So glad they are keeping me 'safe' from running software that Tim crook doesn't like

Not yet, but they are evidently moving towards that direction

Same is happening on old mbp and not just Photoshop. Inkscape and fusion 360 are getting same treatment too. So very obviously an apple thing. So glad they are keeping me 'safe' from running software that Tim crook doesn't like

You can run whatever you like in a VM then, or just use Windows or Linux machines.

Last edited:
For now this is the workaround to disable the "help" apple so kindly provide https://macosinfo.com/en/how-to-turn-off-app-verification-in-macos/

Apart from this oncoming EU legislation there is nothing stopping to implement Apple iOS like mandated store, which means less choice, higher prices and no GPL software. Ms have same ideas but are very far behind with their windows for arm. Both are vermin of this world

I use a photo editing program I bought at a massive discount years ago yet still works in all Windows right up to W11
It even has a universal code because it's so old - so no nag screens or activation thingys.
You can still get PS7 and CS2 for free on the Internet along with activation codes because they are abandonware and Adobe released them into the wild many years ago
Why pay for problems when you don't have to?

I use a photo editing program I bought at a massive discount years ago yet still works in all Windows right up to W11
It even has a universal code because it's so old - so no nag screens or activation thingys.
You can still get PS7 and CS2 for free on the Internet along with activation codes because they are abandonware and Adobe released them into the wild many years ago
Why pay for problems when you don't have to?
Activation-free CS2 was uploaded to an open website by Adobe, and the installers and their keys can still be found on an archive.org mirror of the original site, though Adobe say that they only ever intended this for existing licence holders. PS7 was never uploaded by Adobe, so you are just seeing pirated copies. Both have problems with modern Windows systems. PS7 needs to be installed on a 1TB partition or smaller, and can't write files to >1TB partitions. CS2 crashed unusably on W10 the last time I tried it, though YMMV. CS3 is compatible with recent builds of W10 (and maybe even 11) with a bit of fiddling, but the activation-free installers were only made available (briefly and unannounced) to users who could produce their original keys.

Back