Vertical Dropdown menu

Name
Lotte
Edit My Images
No
I've been trying to make one and all the tutorials in the world would not be able to help me right now! :shrug:

I don't know how to make it work, my website is all HTML coding.

can anyone help?

hello Lotte, welcome.

what have you found and used so far? Java script might be more useful..

Ive just been searching the net for different codes that might work but i haven;t managed to make it work as a drop down list yet.

only bullet pointed rather than something that reveals itself on a mouseover hover

ugh im still so lost with all this! :shrug:

everything tells me the different codes I need for the different parts but I dont understand where they all fit in with eachother! can't a tutorial somewhere just give me the whole blummin code for a drop down and I can change elements of it like colour, text and where it's linking!!!!!

thank you everyone that is trying to help me on this! :D

As with any programing language there are always many ways to achieve the same thing. Instead of getting someone to do the work for you perhaps you should spend some time going through those links I posted and read through the code and try and understand it.

I did go through the links you posted one of them was really helpful on helping me understand WHAT each part of the code did, but I still dont understand how to put it together and ive spent about the past 4 days trying to figure this out by slapping bits together.

I did go through the links you posted one of them was really helpful on helping me understand WHAT each part of the code did, but I still dont understand how to put it together and ive spent about the past 4 days trying to figure this out by slapping bits together.

Well this is partly the problem, you're slapping bits of code together without really understanding what's going on. A List Apart is a good website for learning CSS trickery.

http://www.w3schools.com/Css/css_intro.asp - intro to CSS

How much experience do you have with HTML?

err, well my whole website is html coding and I manage the whole thing, other than the very basic layout of it which my friend put together. But thats mostly the parts I dont understand. I just put in the content really.

To be honest, unless you actually enjoy spending hours hacking through code, you'd probably be better off using a hosted CMS based solution like SquareSpace. Then you can focus on the content and forget (to a large extent) about writing HTML. I've had a lot of experience developing websites, but sometimes life if just too short, and you spend all your time coding and none actually posting content. I know, because I've made this mistake before. The only time I write code now is if I'm being paid to do it...

I dont have money to pay for a space thats why im using free servers.
and although I dont particularly enjoy it, once I have my main codes set up it works perfectly fine and I like the end results.

I dont mean to sound really snappy in this thread by the way everyone!! sorry if its coming off that way. :confused:

What you need is an unordered list <ul></ul> and some css. No javascript required.

I develop for a living in asp.net, I'll post something later on for you. Right now its takeaway time.

Back