Very first Macro shot

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I am new to the Forum and have been lurking for a while, I am loving the Macro shots, I have a Tamron 70-300 Macro lens that I have been playing with and this is the first shot I have.

The cat is alive and catching her (a very grumpy bengal) when she was sitting still was quite an issue, I thought about the advice on the forum about putting your subject in the freezer for a while to slow them down but she wouldn't fit in the freezer and was getting a little agitated. (only joking I love my cats)

Anyway here goes, I am hoping to get a little more creative over the next week or so.

Dave

Hi Dave and welcome to TP :) The most important thing when shooting animals it seems is to focus on the eyes. You have the bridge of your cats nose in focus and her eyes are a little soft. I don't know if this is what you were trying to achieve but the eyes in full focus would maybe be a better shot. Keep it up and look forward to when you can pin her in a corner again for another try :)

I know what you mean about focussing on the eyes, I couldn't get her to sit still long enough, hand held D90 too, the other cat was a little more willing and the eyes really show up, I think I need a better depth of field (or perhaps more practice) (y)

Excellent a much better result (y) Would still like to see your other cat close up her eyes have a great colour :)

I really like the first shot looks very menacing and have to agree it would look better without the nose, but I like the slightly OOF for the eyes it leaves a little mystery.

Cats (or God's little football's) :dummy:are ever so easy to keep still in one place you need several tubes of super glue or a large hammer and four nails if no glue available..:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Great feedback, I love the 'God's little football's' going to use that if I may.

Really glad I decided to become active here, turned what was a pretty bad week into a very amusing one. Thanks for the welcome:D

Your more than welcome to use it just remember that it is my copyright so I expect a credit each time you use it along with a link to my website :LOL::cool::LOL:

Back