Very Handy camera bags...

Name
Damian Brown
Edit My Images
No
Just been browsing on http://www.snapperstuff.com/ looking for a new shooting/carrying solution for shoots on locations where I have to be discreet at times, to avoid getting robbed!

SO.. i'd like something that would allow me to carry a d200 with grip and 70-200 2.8 VR attached.. so it can be grabbed quickly. The slingshots are possibly a bit too big for what I'm hoping for. Another for a d200 with grip and shorter lens, and room for flash units (*** they can go elsewhere) would be good too. I think a bag that holds both ready to go would be too big!

Not after a backpack style either really, as I have one. I have a metal case for the larger set up. Neither is ideal, and the latter is definitely not practical for urban shooting. Weddings etc are fine but urban is the question...

What do you think:

DH%2040%20copy%20400.jpg

T875 Digital Holster™ 40 - thinkTANKphoto

http://www.snapperstuff.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=131

I'm a tight sort so I haven't posted any expensive bags :D

looking for a new shooting/carrying solution for shoots on locations where I have to be discreet at times, to avoid getting robbed!

What do you think:

DH%2040%20copy%20400.jpg

Sorry but that bag may as well have "expensive camera inside, please steal me" written down the side in dayglo pink:thumbsdown:

If you want something a bit discrete have a look at the Crumpler range ;)

Think Tank do a courier style bag for those situations.

Agree with the 'please steal me' look comments. If you want to be discreet why not just buy a messenger/man-bag bag and put some cushioning in?

I actually agree with you all. Why i put it up was a wonder when I'm thinking messenger/man bag too!! Long day. I thought it was an interesting bag though, if a little ominous.

Wouldn't you just get robbed once you take the camera out and start shooting anyway, regardless of the bag?

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=37649

I bought one (well put it on my xmas list) and don't like it much. I have a smaller crumpler of similar style that i use all the time. The 7500 just does not operate so well - the flap particularly does not just fall back to the right position and the material generally is thinner and collapses easier than my other crumpler. Mine came from ebay but i don't know what seller - maybe mine is a fake?

I'll vouch for a crumpler daily, XXL I think. It serves me as a daily uni bag carrying books etc as well as a gripped D80, 12-24, 30mm prime and bits. Its not even half full with that lot, so I imagine it could carry a 70-200 comfortably with room for sandwiches. (Sandwiches are always important and require adequate cushioning)

Does me for long trips, but I have fairly strong shoulders.

Who comes up with crumplers adverts :eek:, I mean, a bag called a pretty boy, made out of chicken tex, with prince charles seals, what is that all about?:shrug:

Got it!! Hang the first one off your belt in front of you and tell everyone it's a codpiece!

What a cunning plan! :)

Back