Very new to this - video on D800

Using a jack to jack cable, plugged in the zoom h4n to the d800, made a short video and there was a lot of background hissing when played back on the camera. Any suggestions.

jeff

If you're using a dslr and a zoom then you're shooting in a manner known as double system.

You don't connect them together. You record separately and get two files. You then replace the camera audio track with the Zoom audio track in post production.

If you're using a dslr and a zoom then you're shooting in a manner known as double system.

You don't connect them together. You record separately and get two files. You then replace the camera audio track with the Zoom audio track in post production.

Thanks, appreciated. I am absolutely starting from scratch with video/audio.

jeff

Depending which editing software you are using, there are some excellent sync tools out there which will save you a lot of time, Pluraleyes is one of the better ones and, work with most software.

You need to make sure you have audio from the dslr as well to allow syncing, then delete or lower the camera audio.

Jeff with the way you plan to do audio I can 100% recommend you get a copy of Pluraleyes. With the time,effort and frustration it saves it is WELL worth the money.

I use Pluraleyes for multi cam editing and it works. The only proviso is that it needs clean audio in order to work effectively. I use zoom H4 as a separate source and on board camera recorded sound and this works in allowing the software to sync.

I think Pluraleyes do a 30 day full function trial period free so well worth giving it a try before buying.

Back