very strange problem

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
So I have just dropped images into a folder on my Mac . I was out photographing a tower in my local woods and took about 50 shots . here's where it gets strange one of the thumbnails is of a shot I took around 2 years ago and when I click on the thumbnail it shows the correct shot taken today of the tower and now it gets stranger again , the shot in the thumbnail was taken with a different camera on a different memory card and saved to a different computer around 2 years ago. Anyone any idea how this could happen ?

Icloud, same image number?

Intriguing :) Somehow it must be caching the thumbnail. (ETA: I mean of course it caches the thumbnail - for some reason it's picking the wrong one)

Does entering this in the terminal fix it?

qlmanage -r cache

Intriguing :) Somehow it must be caching the thumbnail. (ETA: I mean of course it caches the thumbnail - for some reason it's picking the wrong one)

Does entering this in the terminal fix it?

qlmanage -r cache
no didn't fix it . Its the strangest thing because the shot (its a couples engagement shoot) was taken with a different camera etc . As you know I have just changed computers so the shot of the couple cannot possibly be on the Mac . Its on the old pc and a hard drive both of which are in my attic.

You've just changed computers...
Did you transfer over a backup from the old system?
If so, that may be an avenue for an orphaned thumbnail image to migrate to the new one.

You've just changed computers...
Did you transfer over a backup from the old system?
If so, that may be an avenue for an orphaned thumbnail image to migrate to the new one.
No . New computer along with brand new hard drives , also at the same time changed camera systems . There is nothing plugged into this computer that has been near the old one . This has baffled me

The annoying thing is.....I know this has happened to me in the past and I can't remember what it was!

But this is the clearest case ever of spookiness - new computer, new OS, new camera, new card.

mulder-and-scully-bw.jpg

Back