Very Very Rare Bee ( + 2 more )

Name
Lea Roberts
Edit My Images
No
well was back out this morning trying to get a few images of a very rare bee called Colletes Halophilus, i've been told by people in the know that essex is host to 25% of the world population. they feed mainly on sea aster which is found on salt marsh, thanks for looking

_MG_9846.jpg

_MG_9816.jpg

_MG_9859.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful shot with a beautiful background.. well done.

Lots of nice saltmarshes in Essex... I shall have to look a bit harder at the bees now! ;)

Nicely spotted and captured (y)

Lovely shot, like the composition of this shot too. (y)

thanks for the comments all, much appreciated. what i am after now is the mating ball that they create when they mate

i a very rare bee called Colletes Halophilus

Got hundreds of these in my garden......................

:LOL:..only joking of course......

Looks like your persistence paid off...........a great shot, sharp and well composed.:clap::clap:

Cracking set of shots

Very nice shots (y)

#2 is my fave... The bee seems to have more vivid colour and detail to it, and the pollen peppered about itself just adds to the over all composition...

Very nice shots (y)

#2 is my fave... The bee seems to have more vivid colour and detail to it, and the pollen peppered about itself just adds to the over all composition...

thanks m8 #2 is infact the male plus the light was a little better when i took this one :)

Are these also known as the Shrill Cader Bee? if there are there's plenty on Canvey (just up the road from you)

The rare newts and the bees between them have stopped development of a "retail" park near Morrisons - I'll have to try and get over there though doubt anything I take will be anywhere near the quality of these excellent shots.

Are these also known as the Shrill Cader Bee? if there are there's plenty on Canvey (just up the road from you)

The rare newts and the bees between them have stopped development of a "retail" park near Morrisons - I'll have to try and get over there though doubt anything I take will be anywhere near the quality of these excellent shots.

funny you should say that as the shrill carder is next on my list as they are in the same location, you will probably have these colletes on canvey as well and im sure you will get some nice shots, thanks for the comments

Back