Veteran/Vintage cars anyone??

antonroland

Inspector Gadget
Name
Anton
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks

Anyone out there who own or are interested in these old guzzlers?
Getting one tomorrow to start a bit of restoration on a 1950 Ford Mercury.
Will post a pic or 2 as soon as she is at her new home

nice

my brother has a very old lotus europa he restored, and my brotherinlaw restores the old Austen 7 type cars...

O.K. can anyone just help me:bang:

How do I do it again to show the image in my post??

Much appreciated(y)

Very nice! (y) I've had a few Corvettes in my time and also raced one, mostly sprints and hillclimbs but some historic/track work as well, it was a '67 with a small block Chevy pushing out about 450bhp, great fun!

Good luck with the build and restoration but please remember, whatever budget you have set, double it now. :eek: :D

O.K. can anyone just help me:bang:

How do I do it again to show the image in my post??

Much appreciated(y)

You want the contents of the field that is labeld ubbcode... (push quote to see)>

merc5101.jpg

I have a 1965 Ford Anglia 105e, I am the second owner from new ( I knew the first) it is pretty good nick overall except for the offside front wing which needs replacing. Just over 30k genuine miles and it had just 23k on it when I got it in 88. Not running at the mo and being a skint student and buying lenses means it might not for another couple of years.

304847541_4e62f4b3be_o.jpg

Old scanned pic.
304847515_9b6f13a7b4_o.jpg

304847477_add0f77637_o.jpg

Good luck with the build and restoration but please remember, whatever budget you have set, double it now. :eek: :D

Thanx Hacker,will keep all interested in progress as soon as I can figure out how to get the %$*&@#$#@ images to show in the post:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I once looked at a vintage aircraft project and those guys in the type club gave me the following advice:

Whatever you plan to do, double the amount of time YOU THINK it will take and then convert to the next unit of time. Something done in 2 hours will therefore take 4 days to complete and so on:bonk:

Hope this does not apply to the wallet too:cautious:

Hi Stephenb

Beaut aren't they?

We have plenty of them running around in fair to good nick. The really nice ones are getting rare though!

Could you please help me in how to get the images showing in the post :help:

If you open the pic you want at the bottom of the page is the pics url code, you need to copy this. Then when posting your thread click on the yellow landscape box above where you type, copy the images code into this. I open up my gallery in another page so I can flip between the post and the images which is handy if posting several pics. I still haven't worked out how to copy and paste multiple images in one go.
Sorry if this is so long but hope it helps.

Stephenb Thanx

Here goes...

merc5101.jpg

and here...

We try again...

Here...
merc5101a.jpg

And here...

merc5101.jpg

And now....

YESSSSS!!!!

Promise to do it more often...hopefully I won't forget:woot: :banana: :banana: :woot:

Slightly off track but possibly of interest to classic car enthusiasts, I saw this beauty in Naples, Florida last month.

porsche1.jpg

porsche2.jpg

Hi Joe T

A pretty car is always a pretty car so post away(y)

T.B.K.

Did you det any close up shots? What is it? Porsche boxster or (I don't think) Karmann Ghia?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Will do some homework and get back...

Back