Viaduct under stars

Edit My Images
Yes
This was one of the closest spots I had managed to find which also meant it was potentially one of the worst in terms of light pollution.
In that respect it didn't disappoint!!
The low clouds near the horizon reflected light to make matters worst.

The foreground was lit by passing trains which also added a nice light streak.

The sky is 16x20s exposure stack to get 360s in total to eek out some details out of the milkyway.

51422863399_7f66a456bc_b.jpg

It's not so bad ;) Sometimes you have to embrace the light pollution!

Like the viaduct, some more sky might have been nice.

Hopefully we're heading out tonight. Fingers crossed the forecast is right!

It's not so bad ;) Sometimes you have to embrace the light pollution!

Like the viaduct, some more sky might have been nice.

Hopefully we're heading out tonight. Fingers crossed the forecast is right!
No other choice but to embrace it when living near London :D

Missus said the same think about the sky. I do have another wider angle shoot with more of the sky and milkyway but I preferred the tighter shots with 35mm :)

I have kinda fallen out of love with UWA lenses.... Trying the "less is more" philosophy :ROFLMAO:

Where are you off to?
Look forward to seeing your shots. Hopefully the weather will behave.

No other choice but to embrace it when living near London :D

Missus said the same think about the sky. I do have another wider angle shoot with more of the sky and milkyway but I preferred the tighter shots with 35mm :)

I have kinda fallen out of love with UWA lenses.... Trying the "less is more" philosophy :ROFLMAO:

Where are you off to?
Look forward to seeing your shots. Hopefully the weather will behave.

It was local, a windmill, because my boy has rugby tomorrow morning. But he's now said he might not bother at all because of that and back to school Monday, so I might drag myself to Durdle Door!

It was local, a windmill, because my boy has rugby tomorrow morning. But he's now said he might not bother at all because of that and back to school Monday, so I might drag myself to Durdle Door!

I definitely need to revisit Durdle door with my improved skills :D
Next trip will be for sunrise through the door (yes another overshot composition!)

Very nice indeed ;)

I like that, the viaduct makes an interesting foreground. I went back to Stonehenge last week on a promising forecast which failed!! Have looked at the forecast the last couple of days but didn’t have the confidence.

Next few nights looks much more promising and I’m sure I will be heading out.

I like that, the viaduct makes an interesting foreground. I went back to Stonehenge last week on a promising forecast which failed!! Have looked at the forecast the last couple of days but didn’t have the confidence.

Next few nights looks much more promising and I’m sure I will be heading out.
thank you :)
hope you had a good run at Stonehenge.
Now that we are getting into longer nights perhaps you can get a break if you wait long enough?

I like it a lot but think it’s stronger graphically with the light grass (?) in foreground cropped out which I also think has the effect of ’enlarging the sky as @LeeRatters suggested.

I like it a lot but think it’s stronger graphically with the light grass (?) in foreground cropped out which I also think has the effect of ’enlarging the sky as @LeeRatters suggested.
Thanks. I did try it both with and without grass but in the end left the picture as I had composed in camera but I have no strong preference one way or the other.

well light pollution to me here makes no difference, I like it very much

This was one of the closest spots I had managed to find which also meant it was potentially one of the worst in terms of light pollution.
In that respect it didn't disappoint!!
The low clouds near the horizon reflected light to make matters worst.

The foreground was lit by passing trains which also added a nice light streak.

The sky is 16x20s exposure stack to get 360s in total to eek out some details out of the milkyway.

51422863399_7f66a456bc_b.jpg

Back