Victory Show Cosby 2015

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I know it has been a few months since the Victory Show in Cosby but I thought I would share with you some of my efforts. There are some more on my flickr account should you wish to have a look. Feel free to leave any critique.

Thanks for looking :)

Rich

21616320041_186f6a2d89_z.jpg

21437276922_c153c7bd01_z.jpg

20827126833_fd23482015_z.jpg

21694649651_15fd12b146_z.jpg

20986299463_e4a0d8ea55_z.jpg

Love the first two shots. The subjects really jump out at you. Third one, not sure I get it. Number four looks over processed, or he has very smooth skin for his age. Focus looks soft in the last one (front of his hat, not his eyes).

I think I would agree with Ian on the critique of the shots but I think the tight head shots work well.

Nice, some great images there. All really processed well, especially the 3rd. Shame the Vulcan was a no show!

I love the 3rd and 'get it'! #5 also fits in with a similar feel. Others are good but too clean and not as believable.

Love the first two shots. The subjects really jump out at you. Third one, not sure I get it. Number four looks over processed, or he has very smooth skin for his age. Focus looks soft in the last one (front of his hat, not his eyes).

Thank you :) I agree that I missed the focus slightly on the 5th image. Glad you like them. thanks for taking the time to comment.:)

I think I would agree with Ian on the critique of the shots but I think the tight head shots work well.

This is the second year ive been and previoulsy did a lot of group shots. I went with my 100 - 400 this year to try and get in a bit closer. I think the tighter shots work well. Glad you like them:)

The composition, use of light, timing & toning are all fabulous.

I'd prefer to see the processing consistent across the set, and agree the skin looks a little bit odd.

Really appreciate your comment (y) :) I would like to try and keep the processing consistant (keep to a style) but find that quite difficult as the images are all very different (images taken at different times of the day from different angles, in woods and in open fields). I am a bit hap hazard when it come to processing so I guess that doesnt help either (get bored of doing the same thing). Thanks for commenting :)

Nice, some great images there. All really processed well, especially the 3rd. Shame the Vulcan was a no show!

Thanks for the comment. Yes was looking forward to the vulcan showing up luckily I got to see her at RIAT earlier this year (y):)

I love the 3rd and 'get it'! #5 also fits in with a similar feel. Others are good but too clean and not as believable.

Thank you. I have done a few in the vintage style but it is really difficult to get right. Thank you for commenting:)(y)

They are bloody brilliant Richard some real stand out images in there with a Hollywood blockbuster feel to them

There's a storyline available to each one of these.
Love the processing.
I agree the focus on#5 is on the edge of the helmet, but to me it adds rather than detracts.

I have only just seen this thread, nice set.
Image 1 is the jewel of the set though, really looks right.

For me the first image stands out from the rest, make you look.
Good one

Many Thanks (y)

They are bloody brilliant Richard some real stand out images in there with a Hollywood blockbuster feel to them

Wow, thank you. Appreciate your comment (y)

There's a storyline available to each one of these.
Love the processing.
I agree the focus on#5 is on the edge of the helmet, but to me it adds rather than detracts.

Many thanks. Appreciate your comment (y)

I have only just seen this thread, nice set.
Image 1 is the jewel of the set though, really looks right.

Thank you. Yes I was really pleased with how the first image turned out. (y)

Good set but number 2 wins it for me, like the almost B & W with a touch of skin colour. Crop works nicely too.

Hi

I know it has been a few months since the Victory Show in Cosby but I thought I would share with you some of my efforts. There are some more on my flickr account should you wish to have a look. Feel free to leave any critique.

Thanks for looking :)

Rich

21616320041_186f6a2d89_z.jpg

21437276922_c153c7bd01_z.jpg

20827126833_fd23482015_z.jpg

21694649651_15fd12b146_z.jpg

20986299463_e4a0d8ea55_z.jpg

They're so amazing great!! You should be working for either a console gaming software company or a movie studio, and design their case covers, including case covers for the DVDs movies.

Your photos are so amazing great, I could swear that I'm wondering if there's a new Hollywood war movie or television series (similar to Band of Brothers) due any day!!

Good set but number 2 wins it for me, like the almost B & W with a touch of skin colour. Crop works nicely too.

Many thanks appreciate your comment :)

They're so amazing great!! You should be working for either a console gaming software company or a movie studio, and design their case covers, including case covers for the DVDs movies.

Your photos are so amazing great, I could swear that I'm wondering if there's a new Hollywood war movie or television series (similar to Band of Brothers) due any day!!

Thank you so much for your positive comments. Really pleased you like them :):)(y)

I whole heartedly agree with @Major Eazy ...... Absolutley fantastic shots all round

Again, WOW thank you. It nice to get such a positive response. (y)(y)

I must give credit to the re-inactors who put on a fantastic show and put in so much effort to look as authentic as possible, making these kind of images possible(y)

Liking all of there with the exception of number 3. I get what you were going for but the scratched old photo doesn't work due to the lack of grain in the image under the scratching. An old scratched photo would be a grainy old scratched photo. Just MHO. :)

I love the first one. It could be from a poster for a war film.

Thank you for the comment (y)

Liking all of there with the exception of number 3. I get what you were going for but the scratched old photo doesn't work due to the lack of grain in the image under the scratching. An old scratched photo would be a grainy old scratched photo. Just MHO. :)

Thanks for looking and the advice. Will try and remeber should I atempt something similar again (y)

All very good, #2 being my favourite.

Thank you for the comment (y)

4 is amazing, but they all feel a little tightly cropped IMO
Not really sure about 3, it's difficult to engage with s figure facing away from the camera

Back