Video at the Mach Loop

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
Not quite photos but a link I found on POTN.

I guess several toggers here have visited this amazing place, but it is great to see a video of it

http://vimeo.com/1433828

Would love to pay a visit myself sometime.

Apologies if in wrong place;), move or delete if appropriate

Wow..he certainly did a great job!!

Mark...if you read this I hope you don't mind me posting the link.

I sooooooooooo want to get down there, there's been some awesome images posted on here and now the video just makes it worse !!

I don't which is better the planes or the synchronized panning togs :LOL:

Yep that is one sweet vid, awesome camera work and editing :LOL:

I don't mind the link at all ;)

Mark

Not quite photos but a link I found on POTN.

I guess several toggers here have visited this amazing place, but it is great to see a video of it

http://vimeo.com/1433828

Would love to pay a visit myself sometime.

Apologies if in wrong place;), move or delete if appropriate

wow a big thank you for that....i do want go and try it myself some time, the only drawback me and couple of mates are concerned about is all the way from devon and nothing appears...but that video has increased my wish to try it sometime

I don't which is better the planes or the synchronized panning togs :LOL:

It's a brilliant bit of filmwork of the action but those two are great aren't they.

wow a big thank you for that....i do want go and try it myself some time, the only drawback me and couple of mates are concerned about is all the way from devon and nothing appears...but that video has increased my wish to try it sometime

Its a chance you have to take. I'm there next week for 3 days and the weather forecast isn't looking good. Still going.... :D

Kev.

Awesome video, took me back a couple of weeks to my first visit (y)

can't wait to go back again :clap:

I want to go there, just got to convince the wife that a night in wales is what she needs :thinking:

only advice i can give is check the MET office (online) and check out the welsh weather, good day and there a good chance of movement..

Been wanting to go to the loop for ages but every time get the opportunity something comes up :(

thats just rubbing it in that i cant go :(

it must be soo amazing. especially when an eagle goes through :D

nar the eagles tend to fly high unless the pilots got some guts. Now the harriers and tornados they are low. The hawks if the pros in the front go low. I have seen a guy run half way down the hill to get a shot of a hawk its going that low.

If you do a weather check that needs a post code use SY20 as that the closest one for the loop.

http://uk.weather.com/

Marks videos are sensational, not just of the aircraft but giving an excellent idea of the lowfly locations. They should really be watched in high quality from the links to his website on his signature (y).

I'll also take this opportunity to wish everybody a Happy Xmas and productive New Year :clap::clap::clap:.

that vid is cool !

can someone explain the Mach Loop - what it's for, whether the pilots showboat for the togs etc ?

No showboating purely professional by all crews. The area is designated LFA7 (low flying area 7) by the MOD. You go there in the knowledge that there might be or might not be any aircraft on the day. If any aircraft turn up then it is an incredibly high adrenalin rush for ooh at least 40 seconds :) BUT a very enjoyable experience one to be repeated over and over, Plus all the new friends you meet on the mountains are a bonus.

Allan

a lot of the little jets seemed to be doing turns and such for the photographers :p

i mean, why else would you low fly upside down ?!

a lot of the little jets seemed to be doing turns and such for the photographers :p

i mean, why else would you low fly upside down ?!

The turns are to avoid the granite. Its not upside down, not totally. Rolling and pulling induces positive 'g' on the body which is significantly more comfortable than the negative 'g' that you would feel by bunting.

Hope this helps.

Cheesy

Last edited:
Oh bugger. I shouldn't have looked at this again. Another 3 months before I get back up there. :(
Already told Linda if she ever divorces me I'm moving to wales as a singley who sits on hills. :D

Kev.

Back