Video editing software

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
My wife has recently bought a camcorder and we are now looking for a free (if possible) video editing suite, nothing too fancy, just the ability to cut and splice as well as being able to compress for YouTube and email etc.

Any ideas? :thinking:

To get her started try windows own movie maker. Next its premiere elements etc.

Steve.

Yup Windows Movie Maker is a good bit of kit for general use, comes free with XP. You can get very cheap Pinnacle software, mainly from their "Studio" series, but they do a fair bit of stuff, older versions usually going for daft prices. Then as The_Old_man says your next step would be Adobe Premiere Elements, but to be honest for basic home videos Movie Makers aint half bad :D

I use pinnacle studio 9

fantastic piece of software when you get it working. I had some trouble with my pc after I installed it because it made a few tweaks to the registry and the pc promptly forgot about the dvd/r drives :eek:

This PC is going to get launched out the window soon, Windows Moviemaker I do not like.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

You can't go wrong with 'Sony Vegas Movie Studio DVD' I've had this for a couple of years now, no locks ups, errors, quits etc....like Pinnacle does.

I've done 3 weddings with it and all the couples were well chuffed with the DVD's. If you want me to send you a copy of one to show what you can do let me know.

Its easy to use, good help menu takes you through everything, I've got V4 but the latest is V6, you can get V6 Platinum which can handle HD.

I did have an offer from Maplins i think, V6 Platinum for £59 or £69 can't remember which. This is a great price to say the full version of Vegas is around £500.

I'll dig out the offer and get back to you......:thinking:

Thanks Glen, I'm completely new to this, tbh I'm not a lover of videos but She Who Must Be Avoided has decreed that I have to sort it out. :shake:

Windows Moviemaker keeps freezing for some reason and it's driving me nuts. I'm currently downloading Adobe Premier Elements but at 700mb it might take a while. :bang:

Another thumbs up for sony vegas, used it to edit footage of my little boy, great piece of software.

All of the above are good for basic stuff, but if you ever get ambitious, it has to be Avid Pro.

Back