Video - Reliable mobile internet solution for DSLR live broadcasting a wedding?

Name
Otto
Edit My Images
No
I am going to shoot a wedding. There will be activities where there will be no wifi.

Question: how can i provide myself reliable high speed wifi for broadcasting the wedding via youtube?

I usually use OBS installed on my laptop and feed video from my Canon camera into my laptop. I feed sound through wireless microphone into the laptop. OBS does the rest.

I would like to use a DSLR or mirrorless mounted on the top of a monopod or tripod. I would like to move it around as people move around.

Any advice? How should I do it?

Thanks so much!

If memory serves there was a similar discussion a few weeks ago,I seem to recall that a 3 dongle featured

This one

Last edited:
If I take your location of Miami as accurate.......what about a 5G MiFi such as this one

This of course presupposes that the venue location is covered by a 5G service???

Your best bet, at a price, is to rent a bonded wireless router. It uses two or more network free sim cards which located the best signal from wherever you are and with more than one sim offers greater bandwidth in good conditions and fallover support in poor ones. Costs start at about £75 a day. You can buy one of course from one of the many telecom sales companies but they are costly, hard to configure and have poor support as a rule.

Back