Vietnamese Concierge

Name
James
Edit My Images
No
At our hotel, they had the most lovely girls working as concierges in traditional dress, so I asked one of them if she wouldn't mind posing for me for a photograph.

So here is me in the hotel lobby (making all the other guests wonder what on earth was going on) taking pictures!

Here is me mid shot :)

View attachment 12688

And here were the final shots :)

View attachment 12686

View attachment 12687

3. and just so you don't think she was totally freaked out ;)

View attachment 12689

Now the one thing I would love to immediately know is do these come across as too warm? I have calibrated my display many times and it looks fine on my screen, but others have said they are either too warm or a touch cold... can someone confirm for me please if you have a calibrated display? Cheers!

I think they look great.what fantastic lighting just shot In the lobby? The lighting just makes these.

The first two are colder than the third, and they also show a tendency towards blue/cyan. Her dress is definitely warmer and yellower in the third.

Viewing on a calibrated Eizo in subdued North windowlight.

Last edited:
I think they look great.what fantastic lighting just shot In the lobby? The lighting just makes these.

Thanks bud :) Yeah, I shot it in the afternoon in the lobby, just used my LEE ND filters to kill all the ambient light and then fired a nice big blast of flash to light her up :)

The first two are colder than the third, and they also show a tendency towards blue/cyan. Her dress is definitely warmer and yellower in the third.

Viewing on a calibrated Eizo in subdued North windowlight.

That's really great information thanks for that, I am going to re-calibrate mine again tonight as I am still not happy with the tones that I see on my screen. Cheers for taking the time to help out :)

Don't get too into colour and CM though, or two of us might end up with 18% grey walls ...

Back