Vignetting

Edit My Images
No
Hi All
can you help, although we do not always want vignetting, it is sometimes desirable. How do I achieve this in PS2?: :bonk:

I use an action in CS most of the time although its relativelysimple to do it manually...make your selection, feather it (the amount of feathering depends on the size of the image) invert the selection(ctrl+I)and delete...simple! ;)

welcome!

cheers marianne
sort of done all that except the delete at the end:clap:
is there anyway of it being more gradual and not so harsh:thinking:
thanx

cheers marianne
sort of done all that except the delete at the end:clap:
is there anyway of it being more gradual and not so harsh:thinking:
thanx

1. Create a new layer
2. Select black as your foreground colour
3. Fill the layer with a radial gradient (foreground-to-transparent)
4. Adjust the opacity of the new layer til you get the 'look' you want

feather the selection more ...about 30 to 50 pixels on a smallish image should be enough...but feather the selection loads more if its a big image...

On the image I would create a reveal-all layer mask, draw a black circle (or whatever other shape you want) on it, then use a gaussian blur to make it into a smooth gradient. If you want the image to fade to black then just place a black solid colour layer underneath the image.

Michael.

A simple way would be to select the elliptical selection tool.

Move from the bottom left to the top right of the image, and before you let go of the mouse, use the space bar to reposition it, so you're selecting just in of all four corners.

Press CTRL SHIFT I to inverse the selection and actually select the corners (as opposed to the centre of the image).
Go to Select > Feather and enter about 150-200 pixels, then go down to the new adjustment layer icon (I always personally use adjustment layers), then open a new levels adjustment layer and darken your selection that way.

Thats one way :)

OR if you use RAW there is a setting to get rid of any vignetting....and you can also create some too! ;)

welcome to the forum (y)

OR if you use RAW there is a setting to get rid of any vignetting....and you can also create some too! ;)

Thats my way - cos its simple:D

Welcome

:agree: ditto...

(y) welcome (y)

Back