Yes
18-55 kit lens
@48mm
F8 - 1/50sec
Iso 100

Thanks.
Ken.

Thats rather nice, well done! :)

The only point i think i can pick on is the tree in the foreground bottom left. It takes you eye away from the village and hides half of it.

If you hadn't mentioned village in the title you'd probably get away with it ;)

very nice Ken, youve done the impossible and made Stanhope look good!

*apologise to the residents of Stanhope, but COME ON!*

Eeh lad!.. I can almost hear the strains of the colliery brass band in the distance. ;)

I have been watching the pictures that you have been posting recently and have noticed that all, apart from being well composed and processed, have used the light really well. You have been capitalising on the early morning/late evening soft light offering great tones and long shadows. This with your processing has really been bringing your photography to life. Your standard has really improved lately; in fact I would say that you are probably the most improved member we have. Really well done.

Another cracker.

That should be a postcard saying 'Welcome to Royston Vasey'

You captured the low light and frost perfectly...I like the processing on this one too :thumb:

I didn't like to say anything because I thought it was my monitor but after looking again at home I have to say that the colours don't work for me. I think it may be the sky looks false, it's obviously sunny yet the clouds are very dark grey.

Was a filter in use Ken?

Bachs said:
That should be a postcard saying 'Welcome to Royston Vasey'

you've met some of residents of Stanhope then?:naughty: :D :whistling

The Edge said:
The only point i think i can pick on is the tree in the foreground bottom left. It takes you eye away from the village and hides half of it.
The larger version is really very sharp and the details stands out so much better....even between the branches of THAT tree, the village buildings are clearly visable. The tree also stands out that much more instead of blending in as it does in this smaller version.
Eosd said:
youve done the impossible and made Stanhope look good!
:nono: :nunu: :) I actually like Stanhope, lovely in the summer....spent most of my younger years drinking in the bars here...well the 3 there are. Men are men in Stanhope......and the sheep run scared! :)
CT said:
Eeh lad!.. I can almost hear the strains of the colliery brass band in the distance.
Oh those were the days. I remember when I was a lad.....you could take a girl to the Roxy and watch a film, buy 2 fish suppers, ten woodbines and still have change from a sixpence. AND people call me tight! :)
IanC_UK said:
Another great picture Ken, you have really got the hang of these now
Noah said:
great shot, i like the post processing.
Bachs said:
You captured the low light and frost perfectly...I like the processing on this one too
Thanks guys. :)
Steve said:
I have been watching the pictures that you have been posting recently and have noticed that all, apart from being well composed and processed, have used the light really well. You have been capitalising on the early morning/late evening soft light offering great tones and long shadows. This with your processing has really been bringing your photography to life. Your standard has really improved lately; in fact I would say that you are probably the most improved member we have. Really well done.
Not being able to use my camera lately has given me a little more time to practice my processing and I think, not until this shot have I been happy with my processing but, may have finally sussed how to process my own shots without them looking toooooo fake. I have also noticed a huge change in the way I see things since taking up photography, colour, light, reflections....It's as if I have been walking around with my eyes closed for the past (cough) 40 years. Improvement....well not hard considering the junk I first started uploading here. Most improved....well I think Bachs stuff is coming along very nicely, although he is the research king! compared to the effort I put in. If I could get close to your standard as well as Matt, CT, Garnock and Ghandi (in no particular order) then I'd be a happy chappy.
SammyC said:
I didn't like to say anything because I thought it was my monitor but after looking again at home I have to say that the colours don't work for me. I think it may be the sky looks false, it's obviously sunny yet the clouds are very dark grey.
Sammy, you could spot a gnats pubic hair from a thousand paces! :) The darker grey is actually the blue of the sky showing through.....but after reading the advice of CT regarding the blue of the sky showing in the frost on another thread, I desaturated it.....I did use a cp filter also. I am extremely happy with it, especially with the larger version which just looks amazing (even if I do say so myself) Probably the finest processing I have achieved to date.... :p
Thanks again for all the comments.
Ken.

Ken, the rumours concerning myself and gnat stalking are unfounded!

SammyC said:
Ken, the rumours concerning myself and gnat stalking are unfounded!
Ahh, okay then I will correct anything I here to the contrary in the future. UNLESS they provide evidence...then i'm sorry but your on your own. :)

Ken, you've always had a good eye mate, and landscapes is defnitely your forte. It's great to see the huge improvement in your stuff, and your latest style is looking good, and certainly all your own. :)

Thanks for the compliment on the processing, but I really don't spend as much time on routine processing of images as people seem to think.

Keep it up mate, just don't go revisiting your Amazonian Jungle period. :D

CT said:
Keep it up mate, just don't go revisiting your Amazonian Jungle period. :D
:shock: (Reeves & Mortimer) "You just wouldn't let it lie" :D

KenCo1964 said:
:shock: (Reeves & Mortimer) "You just wouldn't let it lie" :D

/bows down to the gods of comedy that is R&M BNO :D

ive been there a few times, but thats another story!

It is a fantastic shot though ken, really very good!

Marcel said:
/bows down to the gods of comedy that is R&M BNO :D
Ahhhh....now I have to go searching to find out what BNO stands for. :ponders: :eyesup: :)

Marcel said:
Big Night Out :D
Well of course...mind isn't thinking logically trying to unscramble all these acronyms you young whippersnappers use.

Whats on the end of the stick, Vic? :)

Classic in it's own time.

Steve said:
Whats on the end of the stick, Vic? :)

Classic in it's own time.
"So what you saying you don't like men who wear bra's"

The larger version is really very sharp and the details stands out so much better....even between the branches of THAT tree, the village buildings are clearly visable. The tree also stands out that much more instead of blending in as it does in this smaller version.

It looks much better on my CRT rather than my lappy.

That comment was being hypercritical, it's a great shot :)

The Edge said:
It looks much better on my CRT rather than my lappy.

That comment was being hypercritical, it's a great shot :)
Thanks Edge, wasn't having a go, as I do see why you said it. :thumb:

Back