Village street scene, winter sunrise

Edit My Images
Yes
Took this one on the 30th of December, about half nine in the morning, walking towards the rising sun.

400D, 17-40L, ISO400, f/22, 1/45th, no nd grad or polariser to hand.

I wanted to capture the weak winter sun forcing itself through the bare trees. It's all a bit grainy and suggests that my village is a dark and gloomy place which it isn't!

_MG_8862_edited-1.jpg

Interesting shot - do like the tree silhouette's and the sun tones on the road.

imo, I would be inclined to clone out that person on the pavement as they are only a distraction in the shot, and also a crop off the bottom to reduce the large dark area on RH side.

Interesting shot - do like the tree silhouette's and the sun tones on the road.

imo, I would be inclined to clone out that person on the pavement as they are only a distraction in the shot, and also a crop off the bottom to reduce the large dark area on RH side.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

Using photobucket I've cropped it quickly - see what you think please? It provokes me to consider cropping again to get rid of that first tree trunk on the right hand side. Maybe this is one of those "Less is more" moments?:thinking:

That person, you know, I rather like them there. AND being a cloning virgin - yes, really, this might just give me some homework for the weekend.(y)

_MG_8862_edited-1-1.jpg

What I was thinking of was more along the lines of:

_MG_8862_edited-1-Edit.jpg

Within the dark RH area there was some detail and your crop, imo, went a bit too far and removed that detail as well.

Please let me know if you want this edit removed.

Last edited:
Erdings crop of the foreground helps. I'd have left the person as it was.

The 'grainy' look works fine here.

what ISO did you use? may be too high which causes grain

Back