viltrox e mount tripod mount part

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I won this adapter for 20 quid from ebay. It didn't come with the tripod mount part. All works good but I would like the mount for when using my 100mm macro.

Anyone know where I could get the part like this?

It's the bit that sits on the bottom of the adapter.

viltrox-nf-nex-mount-adapter-ring-for-nikon-g-f-ai-s-d-lens-to-sony-e-mount-camera-a7-a7r-nex-5-nex-3-nex-5n-nex-c3-7322-78829811-16068cb1087009428c741d31f7c801c4-catalog_233.jpg

71SFyEnhBPL._SL1000_.jpg

Perhaps you could ask the seller you bought it from ? They should have them, if not perhaps know someone that might ?

Perhaps you could ask the seller you bought it from ? They should have them, if not perhaps know someone that might ?

That was my first port of call. They were only selling that one and said they didn't have that part as it's lost.

Hope it helps and you get to use the adaptor fully!

PS don't forget to post with results :)

I will :)

I can use it on a flat surface but I don't trust the weight with the 100mm macro lens on. (Camera and lens on tripod)

I got a reply that simply says, 'please contact us next Monday,thanks'.

Looked at the instructions you posted above showing the tripod adaptor it has similarities to the tripod mounting on the Canon 100-400mm mkii

No idea whether that similarity is exact enough but surmise even if it ( the Canon one) can be bought separately either the Canon one or the Kirk replacement foot will be too costly for this application.

Looked at the instructions you posted above showing the tripod adaptor it has similarities to the tripod mounting on the Canon 100-400mm mkii

No idea whether that similarity is exact enough but surmise even if it ( the Canon one) can be bought separately either the Canon one or the Kirk replacement foot will be too costly for this application.

I think any should fit. I've looked through 1,000's of listing on ebay for the foot plate/base/ tripod mount. I still haven't found anything yet.

I think any should fit. I've looked through 1,000's of listing on ebay for the foot plate/base/ tripod mount. I still haven't found anything yet.

This is the Kirk one that I was recalling........if you look at the mounting point it was was the curvature and the two 'lugs' that look similar to the schematic drawing on the instruction for the Viltrox you posted.

https://www.kirkphoto.com/lens-moun...-canon-ef-100-400mm-f-4-5-5-6l-is-ii-usm.html

Also one made by Really Right Stuff

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/LCF-54-for-Canon-100-400mm-IS-II-USM

Last edited:
Is a bit pricey though. If I can get the original one with the dimples, great. If I get one with out I think it should still hold with the screw you have to tighten.

Is a bit pricey though. If I can get the original one with the dimples, great. If I get one with out I think it should still hold with the screw you have to tighten.

Yes, pricey as I inferred for your reqs

In a similar vein be careful screwing a standard (universal) product into the adaptor because the length of the screw in the proper item is possibly shorter I.e. by attaching such a non specific item and tightening up you might damage the adaptor because it will "smash" through the construction???

PS hopefully you will find Viltrox supportive and able to supply the right item at a reasonable price :)

Last edited:
Just got a reply.

Sorry, this item has stop production, and we don't have that mount now.

Last edited:
Hmmm!

A few of the adaptors listed on their page here http://www.viltrox.com/en/index.php?m=index&a=content&cid=106 appear to show the same foot???

So unless you have already contacted them in China then perhaps try here http://www.viltrox.com/en/index.php?m=index&a=content&cid=20

I don't know why but neither of those pages will load for me. I tried Chrome and IE :thinking:

If I can't get a mount I'll just use it for table top work. I have a few mini bean bags I made up and can rest the lens on them :)

I don't know why but neither of those pages will load for me. I tried Chrome and IE :thinking:

If I can't get a mount I'll just use it for table top work. I have a few mini bean bags I made up and can rest the lens on them :)

Both OK in IE11 and Chrome

Copied the contact info here

Shenzhen City grand shadow Technology Co. Ltd.

Shenzhen New District of Longhua City, Dalang street, Ling Pai Village Baokun Science Park 4 2 floor

Zip code: 518109

Phone: 0755-28779024

Fax: 0755-28774730

Email: info@jyc-hk.com

Page copied for the EF adaptor ~ as I said it does appear to be a current product....................so maybe they can point you to a UK or European dealer with parts stocks???

Mount Adapter

1493033485.jpg

VILTROX EF-E auto focus adapter mount Canon lens 3x enlarge aperture reduce focus

Detailed

Function

VILTROX EF-E can increase the lens 3 f-stop, increasing the amount of light, can better virtual background,

and highlighting the theme on the basis for the realization of the automatic focusing function,

Reduce imaging focal length, the actual focal length of EF-E is 0.71 times of the original focal length. Let half

frame cameras can take photos as full frame cameras, when you connecting to lens and the camera body,

it can realize the auto focus function and adjusting aperture function automatically.

Feature

* With auto focusing function;

* Can increase the lens 3 f-stop, increasing the amount of light into the virtual background, can better

highlight the theme;

* Reduced imaging focal length, the actual focal length after using EF-E for 0.71 times the focal length.

Let half frame cameras can take photos as full frame cameras.

* Aperture can be accurate through ring expansion corresponding action;

* Zinc alloy technology, stable and reliable;

* Signal transmission using PIN gold needle, greatly enhance its transmission performance;

* Ring at the bottom with 1/4 screws, which can easy installed on the tripod or other fixed bracket;

Specification

Model

VILTROX

Type

EF-E adapter mount

Glass compose

4 glass 4 group

Tripod

CU 1/4"×1

Diameter and length

65*28mm

Weight

176 g

Compatible camera

Sony NEX-5C/C3/5N/F3/5R/6/7K/FS700VG20/VG900.etc

Compatible lens

Canon EF series lenses

Included Items

adapter mount ×1 ,manual ×1

Picture

1442901884861281.jpg

Auto focus,enlarge aperture,reduce focus.

45601442900898.jpg

Lens tripod socket /lens realese lever

Press lens realese button to dismounted

lens easily

Copyright: Shenzhen jue shadow technology co., LTD

Both OK in IE11 and Chrome

Copied the contact info here

Shenzhen City grand shadow Technology Co. Ltd.

Shenzhen New District of Longhua City, Dalang street, Ling Pai Village Baokun Science Park 4 2 floor

Zip code: 518109

Phone: 0755-28779024

Fax: 0755-28774730

Email: info@jyc-hk.com

Thank you. I've emailed them. Let you know if I get a reply (y)

Have you tried the lens on the adaptor to see what it's actually like for weight? I used to use a Commlite adaptor on my A6000 which looked exactly the same (except for the glass in the middle) and never used the built in tripod foot as the weight didn't seem to be an issue.

If they dont come up with the goods im pretty sure i have one at home you can have for nothing. Just PM me if you want it. Iv got a Fotodiax version of the E mount adapter but dont have a Sony camera anymore. Was going to sell it but happy to give you the tripod bit. Ill need to hunt around as the first thing i did when i got it was to take that bit off but i know ive got it somewhere.

Have you tried the lens on the adaptor to see what it's actually like for weight? I used to use a Commlite adaptor on my A6000 which looked exactly the same (except for the glass in the middle) and never used the built in tripod foot as the weight didn't seem to be an issue.

I have and as it's the Canon EF 100mm f2.8L Macro IS USM Lens, it feels very heavy leaning forward on my A6000

If they dont come up with the goods im pretty sure i have one at home you can have for nothing. Just PM me if you want it. Iv got a Fotodiax version of the E mount adapter but dont have a Sony camera anymore. Was going to sell it but happy to give you the tripod bit. Ill need to hunt around as the first thing i did when i got it was to take that bit off but i know ive got it somewhere.

You're a star Dave. I'll wait for a reply from Viltrox (if I get one), if I have no joy I'll definitely take you up on the offer. Thanks :)

Back