Vintage fashion

Name
Ashish Tamhane
Edit My Images
Yes
It was a lovely Saturday with some good sunshine and temperatures hovering around 15 Centigrade. We went to Eastbourne and noticed stalls selling some clothes. Got hold of this colorful skirt and took some portraits. Processed it for a film style vintage look.

CnC welcome as always. Thanks for looking.

_ADT3800.jpg

It was a lovely Saturday with some good sunshine and temperatures hovering around 15 Centigrade. We went to Eastbourne and noticed stalls selling some clothes. Got hold of this colorful skirt and took some portraits. Processed it for a film style vintage look.

And very successfully done :D

It's a lovely picture. Well done :D and congratulations on the choice of skirt too.

And very successfully done :D

It's a lovely picture. Well done :D and congratulations on the choice of skirt too.

Thanks Alan!

To be honest I have only shot with film on a point and shoot years back and have no idea on how different films look. I started off with a vintage preset in LR and then desaturated the colours a bit, and then added some grain while viewing at 100% zoom. That’s it really.

Bright coloured skirt works here I guess against the clear sky as Gav said.

Thanks Alan!

To be honest I have only shot with film on a point and shoot years back and have no idea on how different films look. I started off with a vintage preset in LR and then desaturated the colours a bit, and then added some grain while viewing at 100% zoom. That’s it really.

Bright coloured skirt works here I guess against the clear sky as Gav said.

I shot with film for something like 40 years and I can't remember what the shots looked like now without looking but your picture looks pretty good to me. I think you must be pretty near :D

The grain I do remember :D

Well done.

I shot with film for something like 40 years and I can't remember what the shots looked like now without looking but your picture looks pretty good to me. I think you must be pretty near :D

The grain I do remember :D

Well done.
Thanks!

I do want to get into film actually. Need to find a Nikon film camera that is closest to the D750.

Another version from the same shoot.

View attachment 422703
This is nice, but my eye is drawn to the trainer which looks a little out of place (style and colour) and there seems to be a strange area of blur to the right of the trainer through the gravel, looks like the shadow has been cloned?

Just personal view, feel free to ignore :)

PS, I agree with Simon, the noise is a little heavy on the first, try a much softer style if you want some noise in the image.

Last edited:
This is nice, but my eye is drawn to the trainer which looks a little out of place (style and colour)

Agreed it’s not the best footwear for this dress but that’s what we had. We do see quite a bit of this similar style in Brighton though. Looks very cool and is easy on the feet.

there seems to be a strange area of blur to the right of the trainer through the gravel, looks like the shadow has been cloned?

I just noticed that. Need to get back at the cloning work.

PS, I agree with Simon, the noise is a little heavy on the first, try a much softer style if you want some noise in the image.
I will try out this style too. Thanks for the critique.

Back