Vintage Pin Up - style of Elvgren

Name
Patrick
Edit My Images
Yes
Please feel free to comment. All crit and opinions very welcome.

...and if you're interested the rest of the set is here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49084562@N02/sets/72157631723780773/

8068224184_f148b27110_c.jpg

8068218573_e1942dc9f5_c.jpg

8068206591_f44b8a8d3c_c.jpg

8068211420_99f0a9d0ab_c.jpg

I'm not a fan of the white b/g Patrick, but I do like the images, the model looks perfect for the part, and the pp is brilliant!

I'm not a fan of the white b/g Patrick, but I do like the images, the model looks perfect for the part, and the pp is brilliant!

Thanks David. Jude was a brill model and we had a good MUA as well.

I would have preferred coloured backgrounds like the original Elvgren paintings, but didn't have an easy way of doing it.

I think these shots are great, you can see the thought that has gone in to this shoot.

Its a very creative set of shots, i would be proud to produce images like this. (y)

Patrick, you've come a long way, mate. :)

Do watch your background pp as there are some patches on the white. Also when shooting against white bed linen it pays to try and equalize the light a little. I find the lhs of the bed distracting.

Many thanks for replies fellas.

I think these shots are great, you can see the thought that has gone in to this shoot.

Its a very creative set of shots, i would be proud to produce images like this. (y)

Thank you. Yes, a lot of preparation, and a good team of model, MUA and tog

Patrick, you've come a long way, mate. :)

Do watch your background pp as there are some patches on the white. Also when shooting against white bed linen it pays to try and equalize the light a little. I find the lhs of the bed distracting.

thanks for that, I feel I'm making progress. I need to get a decent monitor for PP - I often miss stuff on my crappy laptop screen. Good point about equalizing the light. I guess I could have sorted that in PP but it's better to get it right SOOTC

Great set all of them amazing but I agree not keen on white bg

Thanks! I agree about the backgrounds - need to get some coloured paper for this type of shoot.

great shots.

Have to agree though the white BG really stands out as not being right for the shots.

Great set. So I'm being picky :¬)

1) Looks a bit soft, i.e. reduced clarity in LR, compared to others.

2) Awesome, no comment.

3) You've shot from a high height, relatively close, with a wider lens. It's compressed her lower body

4) Same as 3). Body pose is a tad stiff. Too linear. Vintage is all about the curves of the hips and chest.

Lovely set though!

Great set. So I'm being picky :¬)

1) Looks a bit soft, i.e. reduced clarity in LR, compared to others.

2) Awesome, no comment.

3) You've shot from a high height, relatively close, with a wider lens. It's compressed her lower body

4) Same as 3). Body pose is a tad stiff. Too linear. Vintage is all about the curves of the hips and chest.

Lovely set though!

Thanks Ross. I'm a fan of your work, so your comments are especially appreciated. I will look at the points you've made

great shots, though not sure about the tattoo on the ladies leg in the 1st image (and i love tattoo's), just doesnt seem to go with the genre at that time for me, ignoring that they've great :)

Back