Vintage Travel

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
So with this photo I though that I'd have a little fun and process it to give it a bit of a vintage film look, I'd love to know if you think I've a pulled that off and b what you think of the overall image (y)

Severn Valley Railway - Keeping Safe by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As with all my images comments and critique are welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

A little over-saturated for me. Just under-saturated this in PS and preferred it.
All subjective I know.

Last edited:
A little over-saturated for me. Just under-saturated this in PS and preferred it.
All subjective I know.

Why has the size of the image changed a little? I'm not really sure about reducing the saturation as you say it's all rather subjective (y)

the vintage aspects works really well.....until you see the modern cars:D

Cheers mate, I did try and have the cars towed away but alas no one would do it :naughty:

Matt

Sorry, I felt the urge to straighten the bridge.:eek: Sorry, I'll remove the edit.

Yes it is subjective, you say tomato, I say tomata type of thing, but hoped you would appreciate my opinion even if you don't agree. (y)

Sorry, I felt the urge to straighten the bridge.:eek: Sorry, I'll remove the edit.

Yes it is subjective, you say tomato, I say tomata type of thing, but hoped you would appreciate my opinion even if you don't agree. (y)

You don't need to remove the edit (y) at least give it the chance to gauge the opinion of other members (y)

I like this but do we need all of the right side of the frame. Try a crop to the tree to get rid of the cars and clutter it adds nothing to the photo Matt and repost here.

Thanks Allan, I'll have a play with that crop later (y) and post it up :D

I see what Allan's saying about a crop, but I think it'd be a shame to lose the leading lines of the track and the right hand steps of the bridge. I think the vintage look has worked well, and would rather put up with the cars than lose the composition personally.

I'm sure the cars could be cloned out, but you'd need to be damned skilful to pull it off!

I see what Allan's saying about a crop, but I think it'd be a shame to lose the leading lines of the track and the right hand steps of the bridge. I think the vintage look has worked well, and would rather put up with the cars than lose the composition personally.

I'm sure the cars could be cloned out, but you'd need to be damned skilful to pull it off!

I'm sure I can clone out the cars but I'll predict that it would be about an hours work to do it well and it's not going to be easy as there is not a lot of areas that cloning can we worked from, I'm pleased you've seen the idea of the tracks as a lead in and the bridge as a frame (y)

I'm pleased that you like the vintage processing :D

Matt

I think you've pulled off the vintage look processing Matt, so (y)

As for the image itself, it doesn't do a lot for me. The cars in the background and various people throughout the frame not being able to see any of their faces don't really work. As a record shot yes but not much more. Sorry.

I think you've pulled off the vintage look processing Matt, so (y)

As for the image itself, it doesn't do a lot for me. The cars in the background and various people throughout the frame not being able to see any of their faces don't really work. As a record shot yes but not much more. Sorry.

Thanks Iain, I'm pleased that the processing works (y) and totally get the point on the cars (y) the trouble is with the people your either going to get there faces in shot or the train not both as the nature of the beast is that people watch the train (y)

Matt

Back