Violet Ground Beetle (dual diffusion again)

Two very nice images Neil, lighting looks pretty good to me and well controlled showing good shadow & highlight detail.(y)

George.

Lovely looking beetle and as above, great controlled lighting.

Very good diffusion - what are you using exactly ?
Vicious subject :D

Thanks Chris, for the above shots i was using an SB400 and SB800, the SB800 is far too heavy for the bracket though! I did want to pair the SB400 with another SB400 but have since found out they won't work together! I have an SC17 lead to the SB400 and AS-10 hotsoe and sync lead for a second flash. It now seems I will have to find a similar flash to the SB400 which is compatible in this set up or look at going a more expensive route with SBR200's. The SBR200's will definitely give me more control with iTTL but it's 3 x the price!!!

Superb set and Dual flash has worked wonders.... what a gorgeous ground beetle.
:D
Thanks Bryn

Thanks Alf

Looks like that diffusion is working well. Cracking beetle shots!

Looks very similar to the 270ex, I use a my backup flash to the MT-24ex now it is off for repair. I only have one.

My current diffusion material is a piece of packaging foam sheet over the gun, and then another wrapped over it a short space apart. I assume you are using something to diffuse the flashes to get the results as good as this or are you just dialing something in to the flash setup ?

Back