Virgin Media Cup from Snetterton

Edit My Images
Yes
1 st not to keen on the back of the bike being missing..
2nd looks ok to me but as i found out after looking through all my shots it nice to see something with a bit more impact.
3rd is my fav out of the 3 . but imho i think it would have been so much better had you got the bottom of the bike and also some more of the track...

belive me mate im no expert . and i think these are good but thats my opion for what its worth...

tfs look forward to seeing more from you

Thanks the first 2 where on a rather unispiring corner tbh, so thought id try something else, again i got bored shooting what looked like the same pic again and and again, so tried a close up. Same corner different pic.

Hosted on Fotki

Got to try a few different things havent ya? i personally hate the ones in the first post

I much prefer when the whole bike is in the frame. The last shot is really nice.
I have seen the rider before here in Scotland.

65-yamaha.jpg

You been stacking those TC's again? ;-)

I'm not a big fan of the arbitary crop, if I can't get something out of a pic keeping the original aspect ratio I think its a bit, well, not so good.

I appreciate there is a place for funny shaped photos in publishing, but...

Think I also need one of those monitor calibration tool thingies I was reading about on here earlier as the first three look a bit strange saturation wise - and its probably my end ;-)

The last of the second batch was stacked yes the rest werent from memory.

As for crop are you refering to the first one?

None have a great deal of cropping, the first one was taken like that.

Yes i reconend a huey, i have one, have seen these else where too and look fine to me colourwise.

I think the cropping factor here, mainly in framing in the camera is a marmite thing, loved by riders, press, publicity, and maybe not by the photographers.

again i got bored shooting what looked like the same pic again and and again, so tried a close up. Same corner different pic.
I know exactly what you mean. Same thing at the motocross, there's only so many ways you can shoot a guy going over a jump or coming round the corner so you start to get "creative". It's surprising how often that different stuff is what the riders go for.

Thats the thing Dod, any-one can take the sharp image, the skill is getting something sharp has the feeling of speed, shows how hard the rider is working, the skill. But most importantly that something different to make them stand out..

Talking to the riders they and there sponsers, want different things to the general funs and photographers. At the end of day i am trying to take pics for both both sigments. So i understand not every one will like whats posted.

Tequnically exposed ok though? first time using fully manual exposure for me

Yeah it was pain lol, but it think on the whole i was able to achieve more of what i was after then with the Tv settings. The key thing for me is i have done very little PP to any of the pics i took.

As a forma competitve cyclist I can see the appeal in that shot, and is what i was attempting to achieve

What race was that in Weeman, David Paton

The Pic is from East Fortune at the Scottish Championships.

Back