Visit to Bempton Cliffs

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Was at Bempton Cliffs yesterday, arrived just after 9am to find the whole cliffs surrounded by mist ... bit annoying!
By lunchtime the mist was beginning to lift but kept coming back again as soon as I thought it was going and an expectant crowd was gathering along all viewpoints...

View attachment 15999

Early afternoon it did lift and the sun (and biting insects) came out with a vengeance.

A small selection from varied shooting conditions, including through the mist :)

Gladys was proud of her new necklace
by photogramps, on Flickr

Swatting Flies

Nesting Material

Focussed

Almost Home

Thanks Russ, I was so willing it to clear before I had to leave :)
The Gannets are special of that there is no doubt and I love their antics of giving 'gifts' to their mates ... I saw seaweed, grasses, fishing net (sadly) and clumps of leaves.

Last edited:
good set gramps

Thanks Drew, yes well worth a visit ... on a clear day :)

Great images, the 'nesting material' is a cracker. Looks like you pick a good day....once the mist lifted. Last Wednesday was a disaster for me, high winds and very few birds.....envy has now crept in, so I will now leave this page:)

Great images, the 'nesting material' is a cracker. Looks like you pick a good day....once the mist lifted. Last Wednesday was a disaster for me, high winds and very few birds.....envy has now crept in, so I will now leave this page:)

That's a shame, I can understand how you feel, having arrived to see all the mist ... you must visit again :)

Pleased it worked out for you in the end Gramps. Nice set overall. I like the chicks. I haven't been this late so haven't seen them. Nice touch picking out the flies on the close up, and that razorbill is excellent.

Thanks Alan :)

Superb shot ! Birds are amazing subjects to photograph when you can get close enough to capture the details, and how the birds interact with each other and their surrounds. You’ll enjoy spending the time outdoors finding that perfect moment in which a bird is completely oblivious to you, and goes about its natural business.

Very nice shots there Roger, glad you persevered until the mist lifted

Les ;)

Thanks Les, I had an almost no-show the previous day sitting in a wood waiting for red squirrels, so it wasn't the easiest few days of photography I've ever done :)

Back