visitors to the garden today

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Still not great I know, but a vast improvement on my first attempt. This time I shot in manual mode and in RAW for the first time. Took about 80 pics and these were the best really.

Enjoyed waiting and shooting the birds, but could not help feel sorry for them. Most all puffed up to keep warm when stationery.

Any critique welcome.

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Thanks for the comments Tina, your right about Blackbird and Blue Tit. I was shooting out of a open window. The Starlings were further away so I could poke my lens right out the window, the other two were very close so as not to spook them I was further back from the window.

I don't really know but I was thinking because the lens was not out the window and getting as much light would this affect my auto focusing.

The third one is the only one that looks sharp, I like the composition of the two starlings.

Thanks Ken, just a shame they are not as sharp as the one on its own.

Practice , practice , practice.

A big thank you to this site and its members, I seem to learn something nearly every time I spend some time reading through this site. Its excellent.

As some have said the above pictures are oof except for the third. Last night reading through some threads on the talk equipment forum. I came across this comment in a thread called "Canon 300mm+ Lens Advice ". The Canon 70-300mm IS is a decent option. Sharp enough at the long end at f8.

As this was the lens I was using I went back and checked my exif data and sure enough on pic three I was set on f8.

So am I right in assuming this has contributed to that particular shot being sharper than the rest.

If I am wrong in thinking that please let me know.

Thanks all.

Back