Vistaprint - marketing emails with my own image?

Pound Coin

Horatio Nelson
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a marketing email from Vistaprint today (I had a failed order a while ago and am on their mailing list) and in the email is my Christmas card image from last year. When I click through to the website I can't see it.

I wondered if they are using clever/wily tech to send me marketing material with my own images to make me more likely to buy?

...or they are using my image without my permission.

Had a marketing email from Vistaprint today (I had a failed order a while ago and am on their mailing list) and in the email is my Christmas card image from last year. When I click through to the website I can't see it.

I wondered if they are using clever/wily tech to send me marketing material with my own images to make me more likely to buy?

I would think, that when you signed up you had to give them permission to use your images, otherwise you could sue them for illegal copyright use, (as with all image hosting sites) ;) and they are using your image to get your attention. Clever marketing imho. I don't think they will be using your image for anything else. Email them if you are unsure though. :)

I don't use Vistaprint anymore but when I had an account almost every bit of marketing material they sent me used my own images. I guess they think if it's peronal to you then you're more likely to place an order when maybe you wouldn't have oterwise?

Thanks all, I think that confirms what I thought.

sly marketing!

Back