Visual Poetry - Landscapes

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
As part of my Photography Degree my current project has been 'Visual Poetry'. Now, I've found this difficult as I'm a very literal and technical photographer, rather than artistic and experimental.

I decided to setup a camera in my car and shoot landscapes as I drove, very mechanical, no framing etc, no control. Originally this was going to be part of a sequence but these were far more successful and fitting than anything else I did which was just too literal.

Anyway, this is the set, wondering what people thought of them, went for a super soft painting style effect.

IMG_6965 fullsize by Matthew_Dear, on Flickr

IMG_6960 fullsize by Matthew_Dear, on Flickr

IMG_6860 fullsize by Matthew_Dear, on Flickr

IMG_6859 fullsize by Matthew_Dear, on Flickr

IMG_6837 fullsize by Matthew_Dear, on Flickr

Numbering these would've made life easier.
The 3rd is the only one that works in my opinion. The others are too flat. I'd boost those colours a bit and crop as said above. You'd be better off IMO going somewhere interesting with better colours and just panning on a tripod, instead of the driveby.

oooooh....LOVE! The 2nd one is my favourite, its stunning...the idea is cool and they are all good but i would have number 2 on my wall...its really moody and expressive. :)

Cheers for the feedback.

Had my final crit today, and they were well received by my tutor and course mates, and hopefully a good grade is coming my way!

Back