Viva La Coldplay

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Live band shoot on the weekend. Fab band, not a fan of coldplay - though I know their music, was played everywhere and all the time when they were big so I recognised most of the songs and had my foot tapping away while it was being played.

Small venue too, so unfortunately no big crowds to capture the atmosphere so most shots of the evening were of the band itself. Maybe 400 seats over 2 floors, one seat not sold so they seem to be going well. Age range of the audience surprised me the most - from teens through to 70 year old's(!)

Shot on 6d, 70-200 L2. Processing: Camera raw only, all same settings, which consisted of some contrast, drop in highlights to minimise blowing out on faces from lighting, tiny touch on the clarity. Sharpness up around the 70 mark - though these are lower resolution images, with additional sharpening to be more web friendly.

All shots are between 250th and 320th (I shot 250th first half of performance and realised it might not have been quick enough for some of the faster movements so uppted it to 320th in the 2nd half and upped the ISO accordingly) of a sec, F2.8 at ISO2000-2500, drummer shots are approx 40th of a sec at ISO1250 to capture blur in the drum stick, giving a bit of life to the image.

Viva la ColdPlay#3 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Viva la ColdPlay#2 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Viva la ColdPlay#4 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Viva la ColdPlay#1 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

5.. I asked the lead singer why he leaned in so close, I asked if it was that dark on stage and he replied that the original singer works like this on the keyboard. I replied he must wear goldfish bowl glasses when not performing then.
Viva la ColdPlay#8 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Viva la ColdPlay#6 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Viva la ColdPlay#7 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Viva la ColdPlay#5 by Carl Harrison, on Flickr

Thanks for popping in.

All well shot!! the skin tones are sometimes to red or to yellow due to WB corrections of the stagelights
twas 'orrible lighting. I just show a danceshow and all they used were pure blue, pink or red lights. My subjects came out with painted faces when zoomed in, could not correct WB no matter where I slid the slider, ended up leaving it on "as shot". I had smurfs, demons and ompa lompa's. Big issue is now, selling some of the images which is unlikely.

The only thing that made me feel better was that the videographer that was there, his video's have come out the same as my photos (except mine looked better as they were processed slightly) but wb is awful for both of us. Made me feel better anyway lol.

Back