1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't forget to change the clocks on your camera equipment!

Dismiss Notice
  3. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a long-standing member, Just Dave.

Dave Barker was a member of Talk Photography for nearly 10 years, and was a prominent member for most of those.
    A very warm, friendly and enthusiastic member, he spent the largest portion of his time on TP welcoming and helping others.

I'm sure all visitors to this site will join us in thanking Dave for his unwavering support and being a large part of our community.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Click here to join in the discussion

Dismiss Notice
  1. Straker

Straker

Name:
    Marco
    Edit My Images:
    No
    A very clean and tidy rural fox (Vixen)

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

I could not believe my luck when she started to come a little closer, a truly beautiful creature and such a privilege to be in its presence, these next 2 shots clearly show that she has recently had a litter of cubs so she was probably on the hunt for food to take back and feed her new offspring.

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Thanks Marco.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Straker

Straker

Name:
    Marco
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Vixen - 700mm

[​IMG]

Thanks Marco.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    paulc, mulch, boogie 16 and 2 others like this.
  3. Box Brownie

Box Brownie

Edit My Images:
    No
    Lovely sequence/set, great light and story of the situation.

But AFAIK in the UK very few folk would call the fox a "Red Fox", I have seen that used mostly by the USA photographers and some European. We afteral in the UK only have one colour fox, leucistic variants not included.

Straker likes this.
  4. Straker

Straker

Name:
    Marco
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks for your comment :) I would just call her a beautiful Vixen but it was more for those that visit this site that don't come from the UK as that's what its recognised as overseas!

I've been away from here for a few years and don't know what the mix is yet but it does seem predominantly UK based.

5. Phil-D

Phil-D

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Stunning shots Marco, superb detail and lovely colours (y)

My pick would be the last and the 10th, that's a great pose. A real shame about the stray bit of grass over the eyes and up between the ears, its very subjective but I would have had to have a go at removing it :)

6. Fuzzdog

Fuzzdog

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Lovely shots indeed, can't fault any of them! What glass were you using for 700mm, by the way?

Straker likes this.
  7. gramps

gramps

Edit My Images:
    No
    Lovely sequence Marco, I bet your heart was thumping all the way through ... great experience :)

Straker likes this.
  8. reheat module

reheat module

Name:
    Paul
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Fantastic images, lovely detail.
    Look at the concentration in those eyes.

Straker likes this.
  9. derbydude

derbydude

Edit My Images:
    No
    A cracking set nice to see one in great condition

Straker likes this.
  10. boogie 16

boogie 16

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    What a great sequence of shots. Fabulous.

Straker likes this.
  11. pooley

pooley

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Great set mate - I stated off impressed but wanting to get the clone tool out for some of the stray grass, then they got better with each shot until the great portrait at the end - excellent work

Mike

Straker likes this.
  12. holty

holty

Edit My Images:
    No
    brilliant shots your one lucky guy getting these

Straker likes this.
  13. Straker

Straker

Name:
    Marco
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks everyone for the comments, the question about 700mm is my Canon 500 IS Mk1 combined with a Canon 1.4 converter, I was tempted to clone out some stray grass and probably would have if I only managed to get one or two shots but because I was lucky enough to get quite a long sequence and a few were not obstructed I decided to leave it as it was.

14. Dale.

Dale.

Name:
    Dale.
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Lovely set that I can only envy. The 4th image is my favourite with her looking straight down the lens, superb. It was a difficult choice to pick a favourite as they are all very worthy.

Straker likes this.
  15. Bamber1970

Bamber1970

Name:
    Jason
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Great set of pictures you have there. The vixen is in great shape & very colourful with it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Straker likes this.
  16. Stuart Philpott

Stuart Philpott

Name:
    Stu
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Marco,superb execution great light pov..... just damn fine wildlife photography love how the set is arranged too,hope to see more of your images Marco this set is fabulous !!

stu

Straker likes this.
  17. dan_yell

dan_yell

Name:
    D
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Wow lovely shots - Mrs Fox is in very good nick indeed.

Straker likes this.
  18. Straker

Straker

Name:
    Marco
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks Dale, Jason, Stu and Dan

19. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson

Name:
    shons
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Wow superb shots. How did you get her to come so close? Were you in a hide of some sort.

She was very curious.........

Straker likes this.
  20. Straker

Straker

Name:
    Marco
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks Mark, I was in a hide when these were taken and seeing a fox was the last thing I expected to see, the last few shots where she came in a little closer were over in seconds as she stopped and then turned into the undergrowth and vanished, its shooting at 700mm that brings everything in :)

Mark Johnson likes this.
  21. Stuart Philpott

Stuart Philpott

Name:
    Stu
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Do you think the shutter(sound) spooked her Marco or scent? She probably wasn't aware of visual clues with you in a hide,I'm curious if you head for sound what range that was? you may well have known or remember wind direction maybe not ,but worth a punt:) Mate I was musing your set again they are very cool:rolleyes::D i'm just curious about how she reacted really and how much you feel the shutternoise might have been the primary reason for her leaving.

,many thanks

stu

Straker likes this.
  22. Straker

Straker

Name:
    Marco
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks Stu :) probably a bit of everything what with a long lens poking from an open hide window, also the possibility of noise as well, the hide was a public hide so I'm guessing the fox probably moves around late afternoon/dusk when the hide is empty, at the time this fox showed up there was only myself and my compadre Dennis (denslittleowl.co.uk) in the hide, we had been out all day photographing birds, the hide we were in had been empty for while, and yeah the rest was just luck, right place at the right time, I've been back many a time and never seen the fox again.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017