Vixen - 700mm

i-FBcC72n.jpg

Vixen - 700mm

i-6m9q8NX.jpg

Vixen - 700mm

i-ZmFtR3w.jpg

Vixen - 700mm

i-Z79W9WT.jpg

I could not believe my luck when she started to come a little closer, a truly beautiful creature and such a privilege to be in its presence, these next 2 shots clearly show that she has recently had a litter of cubs so she was probably on the hunt for food to take back and feed her new offspring.

Vixen - 700mm

i-tk5f8pn.jpg

Vixen - 700mm

i-q8DHHTP.jpg

Thanks Marco.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
Vixen - 700mm

i-2sPjwsj.jpg

Vixen - 700mm

i-zQvQwQf.jpg

Vixen - 700mm

i-WrPz2tC.jpg

Vixen - 700mm

i-RnjZ8LR.jpg

Vixen - 700mm

i-3HsqXcH.jpg

Thanks Marco.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
Lovely sequence/set, great light and story of the situation.

But AFAIK in the UK very few folk would call the fox a "Red Fox", I have seen that used mostly by the USA photographers and some European. We afteral in the UK only have one colour fox, leucistic variants not included.

Thanks for your comment :) I would just call her a beautiful Vixen but it was more for those that visit this site that don't come from the UK as that's what its recognised as overseas!

I've been away from here for a few years and don't know what the mix is yet but it does seem predominantly UK based.

Stunning shots Marco, superb detail and lovely colours (y)

My pick would be the last and the 10th, that's a great pose. A real shame about the stray bit of grass over the eyes and up between the ears, its very subjective but I would have had to have a go at removing it :)

Lovely sequence Marco, I bet your heart was thumping all the way through ... great experience :)

Fantastic images, lovely detail.
Look at the concentration in those eyes.

Great set mate - I stated off impressed but wanting to get the clone tool out for some of the stray grass, then they got better with each shot until the great portrait at the end - excellent work

Mike

Thanks everyone for the comments, the question about 700mm is my Canon 500 IS Mk1 combined with a Canon 1.4 converter, I was tempted to clone out some stray grass and probably would have if I only managed to get one or two shots but because I was lucky enough to get quite a long sequence and a few were not obstructed I decided to leave it as it was.

Lovely set that I can only envy. The 4th image is my favourite with her looking straight down the lens, superb. It was a difficult choice to pick a favourite as they are all very worthy.

Great set of pictures you have there. The vixen is in great shape & very colourful with it.

Last edited:
Marco,superb execution great light pov..... just damn fine wildlife photography love how the set is arranged too,hope to see more of your images Marco this set is fabulous !!

stu

Wow superb shots. How did you get her to come so close? Were you in a hide of some sort.

She was very curious.........

Thanks Mark, I was in a hide when these were taken and seeing a fox was the last thing I expected to see, the last few shots where she came in a little closer were over in seconds as she stopped and then turned into the undergrowth and vanished, its shooting at 700mm that brings everything in :)

Do you think the shutter(sound) spooked her Marco or scent? She probably wasn't aware of visual clues with you in a hide,I'm curious if you head for sound what range that was? you may well have known or remember wind direction maybe not ,but worth a punt:) Mate I was musing your set again they are very cool:rolleyes::D i'm just curious about how she reacted really and how much you feel the shutternoise might have been the primary reason for her leaving.

,many thanks

stu

Thanks Stu :) probably a bit of everything what with a long lens poking from an open hide window, also the possibility of noise as well, the hide was a public hide so I'm guessing the fox probably moves around late afternoon/dusk when the hide is empty, at the time this fox showed up there was only myself and my compadre Dennis (denslittleowl.co.uk) in the hide, we had been out all day photographing birds, the hide we were in had been empty for while, and yeah the rest was just luck, right place at the right time, I've been back many a time and never seen the fox again.

Last edited:
Back