Vodafone broadband

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
Anyone using Vodafone broadband? Just had them ring me and they can do the same deal as I have with BT considerably cheaper!
I'm loath to change as the BT service is good here (70 mbps normally) Also I would lose BT hotspots and BT sport
Anyone got anything good/bad to say about Vodafone broadband?

I have been with them for about three months now.

Was previously with BT on their 52mb connection on an unlimited package for a number of years. Never had any problems or cause for complaint, but the price had crept up over time plus it also turned out that they were charging me for BT sport which I had never asked for and was paying about £55 a month. I was well outside of my contract with them and asked them if there was anything they could do on price, they kindly offered to remove the BT sport and that's it.

So I decided to give vodafone a go for the generous saving. I opted for the lower 32mb package as I was unsure if I would actually need the higher one, I figured it would be easier to increase my package later rather than decrease it. Turns out that is more than enough for us, a couple of phones and a tablet on wifi, pc, laptop, smart tv, chromecasts, ps4, lots of streaming on netflix etc so it gets a fair bit of use.

The app to control the router is a nice feature too.

Vodafone as a company I've got nothing good to say about them.

Lying, misleading, dishonest bunch of crooks. They've won awards on how bad their customer service is...

I will DEFINITELY second this, don't go near them, utterly dreadful

Mmmmm thats what I was thinking! I have my mobile with them and yes customer service is not great- although have to say BT's isn't much better

If your main criterion is price then the first casualty is customer service.

Moved from BT broadband to vodafone and support is better than BT! (Not hard)

Speed is higher, more consistent speed and a lot less dropouts.

And £20 a month cheaper for their 76Mbit service than BT

Mmmmm thats what I was thinking! I have my mobile with them and yes customer service is not great- although have to say BT's isn't much better

I don't really want to go into details on here but in a nutshell the issues i had with them ended up with them trying to bill me 700 quid for something i should never have been billed for to begin with, then after telling me they had cancelled the bill because i was correct i ended up with a letter off a debt collection agency. At the time i was in the process of buying a house and as such played merry hell with them because if it had caused a black mark on my credit history while the mortgage approvals etc were going through it could have caused significant problems. Without swearing it's really hard for me to call them what i would like to call them...

Broadband wise i have just renewed with bt for a third term and brought my contract down with them from 43 quid a month to 33 quid a month in the process. They have never given me any real cause to want to leave them tbh, the homehub 5 is a bit meh when it comes to wifi but the connection has always been stable and customer services have generally been helpful even if i have had to wait in a queue for a while to get through. That said if sky had offered me a decent deal on a sky q system in terms of upgrading my tv box etc too then i would probably have switched but as it stands they didn't so i didn't :)

I migrated in the autumn to broadband through SSE. £21/month for about 50meg including phone line and using their router. Had no need to evaluate their customer service *so far*.

I migrated in the autumn to broadband through SSE. £21/month for about 50meg including phone line and using their router. Had no need to evaluate their customer service *so far*.

Just went there to check but they want a landline number and I don't have one - put in a fictitious one ( with the correct area code) but don't supply to this area - or at least not to me! :)

Vodafone as a company I've got nothing good to say about them.

Lying, misleading, dishonest bunch of crooks. They've won awards on how bad their customer service is...

But apart from that how is the rest of their service? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

To be fair, most of the larger companies are dreadful when it comes to customer service.

Sky, BT, Virgin Media, Vodafone etc.
Ask an average customer, very few have positive things to say about them.

We are with Sky, their customer service is hit and miss.
Sometimes you get a good person who is very technical (assuming a technical query) and other times you get a first line engineer going through a script.

Back