Voice Over

Name
Jak
Edit My Images
No
I would like to record a voiceover for a video of my neighbours garden, the original is blighted by wind noise.

Whats the easiest way to achieve this on a Mac or iPhone please?

Do you have a video editing suit such as Adobe Premier Elements? if so put the video on one track - delete the existing sound track and create another track for voice over. When played back the video and voice are together. Of course you might be describing a flower when showing a dustbin if you don't match one up with the other. ;);)

Last edited:
I have iMovie which is very good. How should I record the voice track? Just with the ‘voice recorder’ app on an iPhone?

Sorry I don't have Imovie or an IPhone or a Mac so can't help. Why didn't you use a wind muffler "deadcat" to reduce /cut out wind noise ? something like the one i use over my microphone Not quite like this but I would have thought they made them for Iphones as well

QawMdSs.jpg

one little trick might help in the future is have the wind blowing on your back so you are acting as a wind break

Last edited:
Sorry I don't have Imovie or an IPhone or a Mac so can't help. Why didn't you use a wind muffler "deadcat" to reduce /cut out wind noise ? something like the one i use over my microphone Not quite like this but I would have thought they made them for Iphones as well

QawMdSs.jpg

one little trick might help in the future is have the wind blowing on your back so you are acting as a wind break
I don’t have a microphone, yet I suspect :)

In a quiet room recording audio into the phone with no external mic result might be quite acceptable.
Just do a few trial sessions.

Back